Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mid-week Miscellaneous




How unusual (and hectic) to have St. Patrick's Day, Spring Break and Easter all the same week!  Is this how it always is and I'm only noticing it because I have kids now and therefore leprechaun traps to make, eggs to dye and relatives coming to visit grandbabies at the same time?  Needless to say, it has been busy here, but there are no complaints.  We are abundantly blessed.


Jeanne, a girl I grew up with in St. Louis, is in Cambodia now with Partners in Progress (the NGO I worked with off and on for years).  This is her first third world mission, and it has been wonderful communicating with her lately getting re-aquainted (now as adults) and giving her tips to make this mission as successful as possible.  I've told her everything from the best place to get lime juice, how to teach Jesus' resurrection, what price to pay for a cyclo, and what spiritual gems to seek out in the country side and give a big hug to from me!  She has a couple of posts on her blog now about her experiences in Cambodia this past week.  It makes my heart smile to read how well she is doing, and how God is working through her there.  Join me in praying for her and her students.  Check out her blog (linked on my sidebar, marked Jeanne) for more amazing mission details!  


The weather has warmed up, and park play-dates will begin again.  
We've been waiting for a referral from Ethiopia for a week now.  The average wait for a referral from the Philippines is 18-24 months; 36 months for China, and I'm getting antsy after 7 days!!! I think I need to pray for patience! ;)  


My mom made it safely home, and we are looking forward to any other relatives that want to come out and spoil the boys and give Tim and I a night out.  There is always a room for you.  Blessings,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Lime Juice was one of my favorite things in the Philippines! It must be common all over Asia if you enjoyed it in Cambodia. The family looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it with a new addition!

Becky said...

Love your pictures!!! You have such a precious family!!

Anonymous said...

I made it home safe and sound but it sure is quiet without the boys around. I miss them already! Thanks for a wonderful visit, can't wait to do it again.
Love to all of you,
Mom