Sunday, March 16, 2008



Happy St. Patrick's Day!


True, I could probably melt my boys down to their molecular level and not glean an ounce of Irish blood between them combined.  But that doesn't change the fact that their mother does have a significant amount of Irish in her, and very few St. Pat's days went by in my youth where leprechaun traps weren't laid out.  So, for the sake of multicultural appreciation and family tradition, we spent the evening making leprechaun traps with the boys.  



Tim was very involved and managed to fabricate some intricate traps complete with rainbows and shamrocks to lure the leprechauns, foamy green hands to catch them, rubber bands to tie them up and tickle the little green men until they reveal the secret location of their gold, and a black pot to store the loot.  

















When the boys wake up they will discover that the wily leprechauns can't be caught even with the best trap but will obnoxiously leave some gold for the boys to enjoy on the way to their preschool St. Patrick's Day party.  


It was a fun evening full of green, shamrocks, funny hats, and creativity.  My mom is in town for a few days, and the boys are enjoying their time with her.  More pics of that later, including our trip to the beach.  Have a great St. Pat's, especially those of you in St. Louis where they know how to celebrate it right!  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun! Tim - there is bound to be some Irish blood running through our veins, considering our moms' maiden name. According to those who have done the research, Scotland and Ireland play a strong role in our heritage - so I think the boys are right on the money, errr, I mean gold coins! :) Have a wonderful day - don't forget to wear your green!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Those boys look so happy! Grandmas and holidays do that! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Pat's! The boys look ecstatic and adorable!

graceling said...

Wow, those are some fancy traps! And some nice loot!

Debbie said...

How cute are your pictures!!! You are a great mom, I even forgot GREEN!!!!!!!!!

Debbie

Debbie said...

Tiffany, how fun! I don't think I have heard of Leprechan traps before. What a terrific idea. I'm sure your boys had a great time with this.

Love all the fun photos.

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like fun. Wish we could have been there. Ted & Lisa.