Hmmm... we get this a lot. Any child that has a loving family is "lucky", or "blessed", as I prefer. In truth though, we are just as blessed to have them. Because this blog is largely about adoption, the process, the fears and frustrations of it, the need and joy in it, a certain truth can be lost in these pages: that is, our kids aren't charity. We chose these children because God, in His perfect wisdom, sent them to us, just as He sends biological children to birth parents. They are our kids, the children we are meant to have. When I look at them I don't see their color or their better life; I don't see them as rescue projects, tax write offs, good deeds or charity. We just see our children-the children we were meant to have. We're as normal as any other family in the day-to-day. Again, though this blog is all about adoption, our daily life is preschool, diapers, ABC's, time-outs and play dates, just like any other family. So when you ask us in public, "Aren't they lucky?!" and I look at you like, "Huh? Why?" It's simply because I've forgotten at that moment that it could have been any other way; this is the only way we know, that they know, and the way it clearly is meant to be. And we are all SOOOOOO blessed that God put it together like this.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Aren't they so lucky?
Posted by Tiffany at 12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Oh this pic of J!!! So little...seems so long ago!!
Post a Comment