Sunday, April 27, 2008

4 Days of Bliss

I just had the most hysterical, refreshing, and memorable long weekend of my life!  Thanks girls, for being there and making it so awesome!  As for the four girls that couldn't make it-WE MISSED YOU!!!  


Some of my favorite parts-warning: inside jokes ahead-
1. "You haa boyfrien?" (Youtube Anjelah Johnson's nail salon bit.  Hilarious!)
2. "Baaaaa!"  
3. Little bit trashy, caucasian, fifty year old, Hindu, contortionist at the theatre.  "Is she possessed?  No seriously, I think there's a demon in her-"
4. "Babies-days old!" at the General Store.  I will never forget us in our already very giggly state rounding that corner in that tiny Georgia town and reading this sign!  "It's that easy?!  Then what AM I doing?!  Do you know how far away Africa is?!!" I really thought I was going to wet myself... :)

5. The bubbling brook and velvety moss squishing between my toes.  It was freezing, but you girls should have joined me!
6. One unnamed girl in the back seat: "H-O-M-E..." Other unnamed girl in the backseat: "Home?"  Two girls in the front seat: "E.T. phone home" complete with the pointy finger gesture and a lot of laughter!
7. Curvy mountain road-as in straight up or straight down with constant blind hair-pin turns... in the rain... with cyclists,thanks to the Tour de Georgia... falling rocks...
pregnant passenger about to puke... signs to watch out for mice on horses...screaming baby... and laughing so hard I couldn't see.  Really girls, I wouldn't have admitted it then, but it is a miracle we made it home!  It was fun at the time, and I'll drive anywhere, but I felt like my eyes were super glued open when we got home because I hadn't blinked in so long trying to avoid flying off the side of a mountain!

8. Mini hikes without bears, but with friends and great conversation. 
9. South African Cabernet Sauvignon with triple chocolate cheesecake.  Uh...YUM!
10. Back porch rocking chairs.

11. My Sudanese gift journal and all the precious messages you girls wrote inside for Sunflower.
12. The dirty looks we were getting from other customers at the outdoor cafe because we were laughing so hard they couldn't eat!  
13. Pedicure morning!  THANK YOU Debbie for loaning us your foot massage bath and parafin wax machine.  Our toes are gorgeous because of you! 

I'm still laughing out loud thinking about events of this weekend!  My kids must think I'm a little coo-coo.  Though I didn't want to come home, I am ready to be home, get C. potty trained, get Sunflower's room ready, get J. reading, and be Super Home Maker!  That's all we need girls: a 4-5 day vacation in the mountains once a year!  Also, thanks Timmy for presenting me with a spotless house when I got home.  That meant a lot!!!  And Thanks Queen and Papa Joe for sharing your cabin with us!  It was a little piece of Heaven!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! Too bad all husbands won't so willingly take on the kids for a long weekend! You are blessed indeed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm thinking we need to do this trip twice a year! So--seriously--keep the fall in mind! Robyn

Debbie said...

*bowing so graciously* Thank you Ma'am, glad to be of service!!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a wonderful time. I too want to thank Tim for making it easy for you to get a way like that and how nice not to have to clean when you get home!! You and your brother both had a great week. Talked to him last night and he sounded wonderful. Kiss the boys for me,
Love, Mom

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Dear Tiff,

Your embrace of love and life blows me away. You rock girl! I am so very proud of you and your family. Blessings upon you and all of yours.