
For those of you who don't know, Tim and I received an unofficial referral from Ethiopia on April 4th. It was unofficial because we did not have medicals or a birth certificate on the child. We had twenty or so pictures and a video to fall in love with, but no medicals and papers to know if the child was adoptable and/or the child God intended for us. We heard, "They're [the medicals] coming," "Next Monday," "There's no power in Ethiopia, so it may take a few more days," "Maybe next Monday." Days went by....weeks went by....I thought I was going to lose my mind!!! And I KNOW better! I know how slowly things move in the developing world; I know how our time isn't African time; I know that the clinic isn't right around the corner with a Fed-Ex office next door in this African village; and, I know that God is bigger than all of that and was able to get everything done, really in a relatively short amount of time, about 3 weeks. Kudos to our agency for staying on top of it all and seeing it through!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
From God's Arms
So....today we got medicals and a birth certificate, and everything looks WONDERFUL! Woo Hoo! So we will officially accept the referral and I plan to travel this summer to bring the child home!
Now for your questions: Don't let the blue fool you! She is a healthy, 11 week old, Ethiopian baby girl! No, we were NOT expecting a girl, but God had another plan! ;) Why no pics on the blog? Ethiopian law says that I cannot post pictures of her until she passes court in Ethiopia and officially becomes our child. PRAYERFULLY, that will happen in May. Our agency director was sweet enough to make these hand and foot prints of her when she was at the orphanage a few weeks ago. I touch them and pray for her everyday! Trust us, she is GORGEOUS!!! Her name? I don't know if I'm supposed to say that on the blog or not, so I won't. Sunflowers are one of Ethiopia's primary exports, so we'll call her Sunflower on the blog.
Please pray:
1. That she stays healthy! There is little electricity or running water at the orphanage. The nearest clinic is about an hour away. She has not been vaccinated against common diseases, and meningitis outbreaks have been known to invade orphanages. So please please pray God keeps her from all harm until I can bring her home.
2. That she passes court the first try. In court, the judge will go over all of her papers, verify that she is a legitimate orphan, speak with living birth relatives, and then declare her our daughter.
3. That the U.S. Customs and Immigration papers get filed and pass through easily here so that I can get her visa. This is where we got "stuck" for several months with J.'s adoption!
4. For her birth family. We pray that they have peace about this decision and are provided with what they need to live. It is impossible to ignore that adoption is necessary because of tragedy.
5. Finally, thank God for putting families together so that babies who need a home and parents who have homes and hearts to share can be joined together-even if it means a lot of paperwork, red tape, and a round-the-world adventure!
Ahhhhh...I feel like I'm dancing on air! This has been weighing me down, but yes, God, I learned my lesson...again. YOUR children get put together in families in YOUR timing. Thank you for providing for her and smiling on us by blessing us with her. You are an AWESOME God! I'm off to celebrate for four days with my girlfriends in a cabin in the mountains, so peace be with you. We'll keep you updated!
Posted by Tiffany at 7:28 AM
Labels: adoption, ethiopian adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








25 comments:
Hooray!!! We are definitely praying that she gets home soon! Have fun this weekend!
I'm so excited and happy for you and your family, hopefully the process will be quick and you'll be holding her soon. Congratulations!
I am so happy for you guys! I'm even happier that I will get to give you a congratulatory hug tomorrow!!!! Drive carefully and we'll see you soon!
Oh wow. This is so exciting. You know I check your blog all the time and am living through your joys until mine. :) I will pray right now for a speedy process and travel. Hope you have a great girls getaway. Sounds fun!
Nikki Metten
Nikki-you know how I"m crazy crocheting lady right now? Well I have the cutest blanket all picked out to make for your new arrival as soon as you get a referral! It will probably be crooked because I"m terrible at it, but it will have lots of love attached! I'm praying for YOU guys!
Amen...this is wonderful news! Congratulations on your baby GIRL! Tiff, enjoy the girls weekend. Tim I wish we were closer to each other we could have a big Mr. Mom party all weekend long. Great news! We are so happy for your family. We will continue to pray for her. Tiff thanks for the specific prayer requests...we'll be sure to pray for these. Take care and Congratulations!
Wow! Wow! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That is great news! Definitely will be praying and can't wait to see pictures of gorgeous "Sunflower!!" :)
Praise be to God who makes all things happen. I am SO glad to hear the good news! I know it has been difficult to wait and wait, but I'm happy that it's starting to fall together. I'm happy to know how God is using you to make a difference in the lives of others.
Alan
Wonderful news about the medicals! You all will be in my prayers.
Heather
Congratulations! I will be thinking of you and your family and hope for everything to go just the way it should. The boys are getting so old! It's been a while since i have looked at your blog, I didn't realize they are so big! i hope everything is well with you
take care
stephanie
Yeah! Congratulations!
That's wonderful news! We'll be praying for your family and your sweet baby girl!
Wonderful news about Sunflower! You know that I was praying for a little granddaughter. Can't wait to hold her and watch J and C with their new little sister. Have a wonderful weekend Tiff (Tim, you and the boys have fun too!). Will talk to you soon. Steve will love hearing this when he returns from his honeymoon.
Kisses, Mom
Wow! I was hoping you would get a girl! Hooray!!!!!
YA HOO!!!! And we're off, girl! And don't forget...my family's probably complete so I got TONS of really awesome girl clothes for you!! Love you!-rob
What wonderful news!! Congratulations and prayers that the process will go as smoothly & quickly as possible so your baby girl can be home with you!
Girl! I'm soooooo happy for you!!!! How wonderful! That's so cool! Cool! Cool!!! Can you send her pictures individually? If you can, can you send
me one? I'll delete it. I just want to see what the precious little baby looks like. Ohhhh . . .
Glad I was able to give you the good news!! :-) She is beautiful and will be a great addition to your family!! It is amazing that God brings us just the child we need!!
God is good!!
Debbie
Your blog was the only one I checked while out of the country because I knew the news was close. I am so happy to hear it! Congratulations!
That is the most beautiful and precious news. How special for you, Tim, J&C and how special for Sunflower as she is part of such a loving family unit. I look forward to hearing more and reading more about your new baby daughter and sister. Hope she is ready for some rough and tumble with the boys!!
You must be so excited - a little girl! Now that will be a change! You must be looking forward to the time when you can bring her home.
Praise God!!! Congratulations to you!
This is the first time I've read your blog. Congrats! I will pray that all goes smoothly and quickly for you guys! We too have an international adoptive family.
Tiffany, I am so very happy for you and Tim and the boys. What a happy day. Gosh, what a joy! I would so love another baby, but time marches on and we "older" parents have to content ourselves with sharing that joy with you younger folk.
God bless you all!
Post a Comment