
Sea Lullaby: Rudyard Kipling
Oh! hush thee, my baby, the night is behind us
And black are the waters that sparkled so green.

The moon, O'er the combers, looks downward to find us
At rest in the hollows that rustle between.

Where billow meets billow, there soft by the pillow. Oh, weary wee flipperling, curl at thy ease!

The storm shall not wake thee, no shark shall overtake thee,
Asleep in the storm of slow-swinging seas.




Notice the progression: J. in the sand with truck. J. in the tide with truck. J. running for his life from the tide-abandoning truck. J. lost his game of chicken with the ocean and lay shivering on the shore. A day full of life lessons for him!








5 comments:
That picture of J. running is hilarious!!! I could use a little Kipling and Far Eastern Tales today as I look out my city window. Thanks!
I love the progression of pictures!! He is so cute!!! Both boys are!!!
Debbie
Glad to see you guys had a great time at the beach. J is too cute! I'll call you guys soon about coming to town. I should be there Wed night. See ya soon,
Jason
Even with all the shirvering, we had a wonderful time. Can't wait to do it all again, and maybe next time, the water will be warmer.
Much Love, Mom
Found out about your page through Shawn Sherlock. I'm an old friend of his from York. Knew Tim too but not as well. My hubby is an army medevac pilot. I love reading about your adoption journey and especially as it relates to military life. I'd be interested in picking your brain sometime as we are interested in adoption sometime years from now.
Post a Comment