I've been home less than TWO WEEKS, and already I can jump like a kangaroo in my jumperoo! In fact, I try to jump ALL THE TIME now, but Mommy and Daddy don't make elephant sounds and light up when I jump in their arms. You'd think they could humor me at least occasionally...

I'm strong enough to push up with my arms now too.


I can sit in Daddy's lap and hold my head steady and not fall forward.

My legs don't collapse from underneath me anymore when I put pressure on them. I'll even stand when people hold me for a second or two!

And the doctor says that I don't need surgery! So far, the tests show that soy formula, a little medicine, getting upright and mobil, and a lot of one-on-one love and attention will fix my tummy, get me baby chubby, and caught up developmentally. Unless this week's tests show otherwise, give me another month and I'll look and act like any other baby my age!

I'm not too sure about these two yet. But Daddy finished their swing set this week (They say, "Thank you, Lola!!!"), so they can be loud and crazy OUTSIDE while I adjust to this new life, new air, new food, new sounds, new textures, new heartbeats, new voices and language, new smells, new tastes and new love INSIDE without getting over stimulated. They give me a lot of kisses though! By the way, Mommy wanted me say that J. and C. picked out their own outfits this day; she didn't do that. ;)










17 comments:
Oh my Gilly! You have a double chin now! You are growing! And I can see baby fat on your legs! You look happy as can be! You just needed to get home to Mommy and Daddy and your brothers! You're too precious! I miss you! Love-Auntie RaRa
Wow what a change!!!!! I am thrilled to hear how well little sunflower is doing and how far she has come to get better and better!!!
DEBBIE
OH WOW!!!! She is doing AMAZING!!!! (and glad the jumperoo is working out good!) :) She's so beautiful! And the boys of course are as precious as always... I must say that C. is looking quite like a little muscle man already! Sunflower is going to have some great big brothers to look out for her!!!!
Yes Becky, THANK YOU for the jumperoo recommendation! It's been wonderful, and doesn't block any doorways. If you enlarge that pic of the boys on the swingset-the last one-(if blogger lets you do that...) you can see how muscular he is! Some people a lot of money for gym memberships for tone like that! :)
Tiffany, Tera here from the PI yahoo group...She is lovely! We have been praying so fervently for your family and for Sunflower's health. I know that you consider your trip over to ET as amazing as I did. So glad that you are home and getting such wonderful news for your precious little one. God's plan is amazing and His care is gracious :)
Tiffany, I don't know if you remember me, but I have been following your blog for some time. I just had to tell you what a beautiful family you have. The love you have for your children fills me with tears every time I read about them. Sunflower is gorgeous and I pray that she quickly recognizes the love of Mom, Dad, and the Heavenly Father that brought her to your loving arms!
Tiff, she looks so wonderful. From the pictures, I would never be able to tell she was "sick." That is so awesome that her tests results are so good. It's amazing what a little love will do.
We are so happy for your family.
Love, Heather
Tiffany,
Your pictures of Ethiopia are wonderful. Sunflower is precious. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
Renee
She looks more beautiful every time I see new pics of her! Keep the pics coming! Love, Melanie
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see her doing so well! I can't wait to hold her in my arms. So glad the boys are enjoying the swingset and tell them that Lolah is so proud of them. They are such great big brothers. Please send me a couple of pics of Sunflower and the boys on their swingset to my email so I can print them off. Grandmas need to carry pictures! Talk to you soon, Love ya, Mom
Hi Tiffany,
This is Sabrina from the PI group. I also have been following your story, and you will never know your your love and faith have touched my life. Sunflower is beautiful!! She doesn't look like the same baby. J and C look like they are enjoying new sister and the new swing set!
She is adorable!! And I am so glad that she is doing so well health wise. How wonderful it is to have a God that answers our prayers. I'm so excited for you guys.
Angel
PS,,, I especially LOVE C's outfit best. Good job C on picking it out all by yourself,,,lol
Dear little sunflower so good to see you growing and settling in. Your 2 brothers are lucky daddy is a good builder as that is an awesome swing set. Love and snuggle and medicine are amazing things.
I'm glad to see that Sunflower is thriving! She looks so happy and things can only get better from here!
Tiffany, this is Katherine Hunnicutt. I recently got the bug to start looking people up. What a beautiful family! Drop me a line of you want to catchup.
Katherine Hunnicutt from 3rd grade??!! Then I looked at the picture of you on your site and knew, "Yes it IS Katherine Hunnicutt from 3rd grade!" (and "I have a picture of myself wearing that same outfit on picture day...") Didn't we think we looked lovely! :) Anyway, I'd love to catch up , but I don't have your email. LEt me know how to get in touch, I will certainly will!
I'm new to this whole blogging thing, wasn't sure if my email was somehow included. kat@liquiddata.org
Post a Comment