This video was taken about a week after Sunflower came home. C. was wearing one of J.'s Philippines tee-shirts. It says, "Mabuhay" on the front, which means, "Hello" in Tagalog. Instinctively, C. went into Sunflower's room, got her Ethiopian drum, and began to sing and dance his "Mabuhay!" song to her! He was really jamming before I got the video camera, but you get the idea. C. is our exuberant one who always wants everyone to feel welcome and at home!
Furthermore on C., I knew there would come a time, maybe when he turned twelve, when C.'s clothes would fit me. However, I was not prepared for Tim to fold the laundry just before C.'s THIRD birthday and ask, "Is this yours or C.'s?" Granted, I'm a bit small, and these sweats hit me at the shin, but really...THREE?!?! (By the way, mine are black.)

And finally, C.'s funny lines of the week:
C.: Mom! I wan' go Donalds!
Me: We don't have money for McDonalds tonight, C.
C.: I have money.
Me: You have money? Where?
C.: Uhm...in Dad's pocket!
That's where I keep my money too! ;)
C.: Mom! I want chicken nuggets.
Me: You already ate, C.
C.: I know, but I want cookies.
Me: Cookies?! I'm glad you're honest, C. I love you.
C.: So then... can I have cookies?
(OK-I gave the kid a cookie; it's his birthday!) Happy Birthday, C. We love you!








8 comments:
There are few families for whom an African American child in his brother's Filipino shirt playing an African drum to his Ethiopian sister and singing a song in Tagalog in "instinctive!" What a world they are getting to live and grow in under your blessed roof! Happy Birthday, C!
Happy Birthday C!! My birthday is today as well. August babies rock! May you have a day full of blessings with family and friends!
Happy Birthday, C! Wow, three, how did that happen? Love how the little man thinks.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY C!!!! lOLAH LOVES YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!
KISSES AND HUGS.
Happy birthday C!!! He is so stinkin cute!!!
And that is where I keep my ymoney too, in Mark's pocket!!
Debbie
Oh yeah, C. is a D---man all right.
Ted & Lisa
Okay, so we may seriously request NC as a duty station after Campbell just b/c I miss you and your kiddos! C makes me laugh...he and L would make quite a dangerous pair!!! ;-) Miss you!
"mabuhay" is also used for 'long live' and 'welcome' ~ so what an appropriate selection for his new little sister.
Post a Comment