She's very girlie. I didn't think babies had gender specific cries, but she cries like a girl! She has the pain tolerance of a girl, is full of drama, bats her eyes and gestures like a girl! Amazing how God makes us women and men, and those precious distinctions are clear even at birth.
Sometimes, she still looks scared, and a little apprehensive. She cries if she can't see me. Five different care takers in 6 months of life would make anyone a little apprehensive, I'm sure.
She laughs when you tickle her tummy and loves cereal and baby food. Even peas. She came home a little hungry after all!
She smiles spontaneously and crinkles her nose in a real hammy sort of way.
She's broken in one tooth since she's been home and is working hard on some others.
She loves books and her big brother J. She still gives C. questionable looks, but he'll win her over. He wins everyone over! :)
She melts Daddy with the slightest grin or whimper! And I think she's pretty awesome too! If you scroll down to pics of her in Africa a month ago and then look at these pictures, well... isn't she amazing?! Girlie or not, I love a strong girl with a determination to live abundantly!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
A few things we've learned about Sunflower in this first month of our acquaintance:
Grandparents note: These pics were posted in their original loading order, so they should enlarge if you click on them.
Posted by Tiffany at 5:47 PM
Labels: ethiopian adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








10 comments:
She's so beautiful! She'll be amazing with those looks and a strong spirit! God be praised!
She is absolutely beautiful!!! I am so glad she is doing well!! God is good!!
God bless!
Debbie
Oh she looks amazing! I miss her little crinkly nose smile! That was the greatest! I miss you guys!
I'm so sad that I didn't get to meet her. She is absolutely beautiful and would've made a great model for pictures! :) Keep in touch!
Hello! I just stumbled onto your blog. It is so nice and inspiring! I, too, am an adoptive mom and I love reading other families' stories. I am also protective of my son's name on my blog. I went back and read some of your entries from 2006 and noticed that you used their full names then.
Anyway, blessings to you on your journey. We are journeying to add one more to our family in 2009.
She is so so so so so beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear how well things are going! We took Grace to Grant's Farm on Saturday, and thought of you because the last time we were there it was with you, Tim, and the boys!!! :)
Wow she is growing so fast and I love the little tooth! I can't wait to hold her in Oct. She is beautiful and looks so happy. Love you all so much. Kiss the kids for me.
XXOOXX
Mom
She is so beautiful and she is looking soooo good. You guys are doing a terrific job of loving on this little one and bringing her into good health.
You have beautiful children. I love it that you have adopted from th Philippines. I didn't know that was possible.
http://www.riggsfamilyblog.com/
too cute for words!
Post a Comment