Monday, June 23, 2008

Meet Sunflower!!!



She passed!!!

Our agency director gave us the court date a day later than it actually was so that we could be surprised by good news on the day we were the most stressed.  VERY good news!!!

By the way, several have asked, and, "no" Sunflower isn't her real name, but it's her blog name. How many of us had our own internet identities before we were 6 months old!?  

We are so grateful that she passed court in Ethiopia today, and is now officially our daughter!  I could put a little "Woo Hoo!" here, but even in all caps it seems insufficient for the joy, relief, peace, and hope we feel today.  She is one less child to grow up in animism, one less child to grow up in extreme poverty, one less child to live without basic health care, education, shelter, food and hygiene, one less child to grow up in a war zone, and one less child to grow up without a mom and a dad.  She IS a child who will grow up with life abundantly in full knowledge of her adoption as a princess and heir to God's amazing kingdom, and as our earthly delight in a humble home.  We are now the parents of three, one of whom has the most beautiful, HUGE, brown eyes on the planet!  I know a certain Daddy who doesn't plan on spoiling her one bit! ;) 

These are actual pictures of OUR DAUGHTER.  Isn't she amazing?!?!  She is 4 months old in the middle picture and 7 weeks in the first and third.  I hope to be able to travel to Ethiopia in 4 weeks to go get her after her visa papers are processed.  
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!!!  Ok-here it is: WOO HOO!!!

27 comments:

Melanie said...

A very large cheer from the Brashears family!!!!!! Praise God! She will be home before you know it! She's so beautiful! She is a very blessed little girl! I'm very jealous that R. will get to cuddle with her before the rest of us :) You know we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!! I am so proud to welcome Sunflower into the family and claim my 3rd grandchild! Yes, she is beautiful and I can't wait to hold her. Tell the boys that Lolah knows they will be wonderful big brothers and I can't wait to hold them too. Love and Kisses, Mom

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO is RIGHT! She is gorgeous! Praying for a quick homecoming!

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
She is sooo beautiful. Congratulations for you and your family. It will be joyous. I'm so happy for you.

~Jenn

Debbie said...

You know how excited I am for you!! This is great news!!! YEAH!!!!!

God bless!!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

okay...I was going to say WOO HOO too but some of you already beat me to it so I will say YEEEHAAAA!!! Congratulations Tim and Tiffany. She is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you and the family!
Kim

Renee and Brian said...

Tiffany,
This is wonderful news! She is absolutely beautiful and perfect. You'd better start packing, not much longer and you'll be on your way. What do the boys think of their new little sister?

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Congrats! Can't wait to meet her. It may be hard not to call her Sunflower though.

Ted

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
It has me thinking about your requests for prayers for when the court appointment was supposed to happen and about how God is always working to answer our prayers
...before we pray them!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Yeah family of 5! We are soooo happy for you and what an awesome surprise. Congratulations. Someday we will get to meet them all.

Love, Heather

Joy said...

What a great early surprise! Congratulations and she is so sweet and pretty!

Tiffany said...

What a verse for the day:
"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry."
Psalm 40:1 (NIV)
verse-a-day.com

I couldn't have picked one more appropriate! Thank you all for your love and congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOOOO-HOOOO!
Tiffany - I am sooooo excited for all of you and especially little Sunflower. She has no idea what a wonderful loving family she is going to be coming home to. I have been praying for this whole process and am so happy to hear this great news! She is beautiful! Love, Shannon

Ben Berry said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is SOO beautiful! I'm touched by the love that just flows out of you. God bless you and your new Sunflower!

Becky said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! She is amazing!!! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO excited for you!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Ben,
Did you really say that Japanese grammar was one of your favorite things on your profile??? We're SOOOOO English majors! I LOVE Japanese grammar! :) I just left Cambodia when you all were there 3 years ago, or maybe I was in Vietnam...but I'm sure we'll meet up again in the mission world sometime. Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Bless God!!!!! Seriously!!! I'm CRYING!!!! She's beautiful!!!!!!!!! Yay God and Yay ya'll!!!!!

Imma go wipe my eyes now!
Jovan

Christine Short said...

Another fabulous post. Amazing news and beautiful little girl!! Congratulations to the four of you!!

Tiffany Rose said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you all! I can't wait to meet her.

Lindsey said...

WOO HOO! What a sweet and intelligent face she has. I hope she also has a strong will and a healthy dose of sass in order to keep up with her new brothers. ;) Congrats Dahlmans... it's so good to hear this news after so long!

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS regarding Sunflower. She is precious and I know you can't wait to get her home. I will continue to pray for that resolution.

Debbie said...

Tiffany! What a wonderful surprise. Filled with joy for you and Tim and the boys, and of course for little Sunflower too! What a gorgeous child. What a miracle it all is.

Praising God with you!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful news, Tiffany. Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Travis C.

Alisa said...

Wow!! Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter! What a blessing!

Jenny Reijgers said...

what a doll, she's beautiful! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Karen said...

no words can possible express our happiness for your whole family. Sunflower is a beautiful brown eyed wonder who in her short life has experienced so much. Very soon a new journey begins for her as well as her family in America. We wish you all much love and happiness and look foward to hearing so much more.