The Problem:
Solutions:
More videos on the situation in Burma here:
http://uscampaignforburma.org/
Non-politically speaking:
I'll be in Burma with a friend for about 10 days the first of July. There are still hundreds of thousands in need there from the cyclone. We'll be bringing them aid, encouraging the little house church I worked with there, checking up on the well-being of some of my Buddhist students, teaching the stories of Jesus at a refugee camp I worked at years ago, and just try to be Jesus' light for those trapped in darkness. Burma is called the "black hole of Southeast Asia." Its tales of torture, agony, injustice, poverty, and oppression, led by the above video's star, Than Shwe, are endless. But Christ's light, and the hope and joy that come with that, can shine even in Burma. I've seen that light be the sole motivation to face another day in the eyes of my Burmese Christian friends, and they do it with a smile and a sense of blessedness that can only be described as humbling and Heavenly. Please pray for us as we gather aid, raise funds, prepare our hearts and minds for His work, and travel. I'll be home just in time to go get Sunflower in Ethiopia (as long as she passes court June 24th!!!!) There will definitely be a new post here June 24th with news of her court date, so check back then, and please pray for that too! Blessings,








5 comments:
Be SAFE, Tiffany! We're praying for you!
I know you have to go. Please be safe. Your boys need you.
Love you, Mom
Be watching for something from me in the mail this week. Praying for you. Miss you!
Mel-Thanks, friend!
Mom-Yep. Gotta go. They're my friends, and it's hard to teach the boys compassion for all if I don't jump on a plane to give compassion to friends. Thanks for getting that! :)
Hey! I embedded the first video on my blog too! Knowing you has changed me-made me better-and I'm so glad! I look forward to our travels!
Post a Comment