(Oromo-Sunflower's tribe- girl in Ethiopia)
Sunflower made it to the capital, Addis Ababa, today! Yay! She is out of harm's way at a furnished guest house, in the care of qualified nannies, in near vicinity to medical clinics and hospitals and prayerfully content, awaiting her court date June 24th! Thank you for praying that she be able to make it out of war-ridden Kamashi and into the capital. Please continue to pray that her birthmom can make it out of Kamashi for the court date on the 24th, and that we pass court on the first try.
J. and C.'s summer preschool program is having their Africa week this week. Talk about perfect timing! Both boys went and made African flags, wove grass mats, read African stories and learned African words. They both proudly marched in this morning and told their teacher, "My new baby is in Africa!" Yes, "MY new baby..." They'll be great big brothers! They wanted to save the crafts they made today to give to Sunflower when she gets home. I'm sure by the end of the week they'll have a lot more to give her and a greater appreciation for her homeland.
Have a great week!









7 comments:
Yaaaay! Still praying!
Luv' ya', chica!
Tiffany, this is absolutely great news. I am so happy for you and baby sunflower! It won't be long and you'll be holding her in your arms. Isn't that an amazing thought?
Of course they will be GREAT big brothers! I have ordered a tape of African lullabys that I will send to you as soon as I get it. Can't wait for grandchild #3. Kiss the boys for me.
Love ya, Mom
Oh what a great week for them!!!!!! That is great of their preschool!!
Debbie
I'm just returning from vacation and LOVING these Sunflower updates!!! Fabulous news!!!! SO WONDERFUL!!! We will keep praying!!
I'm so glad I finally heard from you! And praising even more at your awesome news. Our God is great! Please drop me a line anytime. I would love to chat your ear off about international adoption especially as it applies to the military family. shortbeanie2@yahoo.com. By the way, where are you guys? Shawn gave me this website but didn't share much more info.
Hi! You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Melanie's. We're also adopting from Ethiopia, and she gave me your blog address awhile back. I wanted to tell you that our little girl is also from the Oromo ethnic group!
Congratulations on your court date!!! I will be praying that you pass the first time! We are supposed to be hearing about our court date any day now. I am hitting a point where waiting is becoming very, very hard. We would appreciate any prayers that our wait will end soon and we will hear what our assigned court date is! :)
Good luck and congratulations again!
Post a Comment