Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Preschool Field Day


This post is a grandparent's delight...LOTS of pics of the boys! J.'s preschool class had its end of the year field day today at the park that we frequent. The boys were so excited. We're here three times a week at least when the weather is nice, and today I had a camera with me, so I took a lot of pictures. Enjoy!

J. with his teacher, Ms. Holly. She will be C.'s teacher next year.

The boys with their sticks on the way to the water. They carry them the whole way so that they can throw them in the water when we get there.



J.'s shirt says, "Kuya." That means, "Big brother" in Tagalog-his native Filipino language. The nuns called him Kuya at the orphanage because he was the oldest child there and was such a big helper. In fact, he responded to Kuya much more quickly than he did his birth name when we met! The nickname stuck, as we still call him Kuya at home, especially when he's being a big helper. Like, "Thanks for getting C.'s shoes, Kuya!" I saw that shirt online and had to get it for him. He wants to wear it all the time, and if you ask him what Kuya means he'll shout "Big Brother!" Since we don't plan on adopting any children older than him, he'll always be our Kuya.



My tree huggers!



They were exhausted by the end of the day, and are sleeping soundly now for a long nap. Now that school is wrapping up, we're packing up for our "midwest tour". We plan on heading out the 2nd or 3rd week of June and will be gone through July. They boys can't wait to see Lola, Papa, MiMi, Granny, Uncle Steve, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. There's no one they'd rather see more than Daddy, though, but I think they understand that Daddy's long time away isn't done yet. I'm working on keeping them excited about the little trips between now and the time Tim comes home so that they won't dwell on it too much. Happy Memorial Day!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

The boys are adorable. What a fun day!

Becky said...

Great pics TIf!!! Looks like you had a beautiful day for the park!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff:
Nice pictures. I could vision all kinds of trouble when I saw both boy's with sticks in their hands. With all the sitting on and hugging trees, it was surely a bug and tick check day.
Looking forward to seeing you and the boys.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Your right, great pics for grandparents! Loved them. I remember when I was there and we took that walk to the water. Wow, the boys have grown so much since then. They are beautiful and I can't wait to see them either! Much Love, Lolah

Karen said...

boys with sticks are the same the world over and carry them everywhere and are very imaginative with them. Did you know you can use them to fill your bike with petrol? These are fantastic photos and Mario has loved seeing photos of Judah. Enjoy your summer holidays. We are about to head into winter over here. Take care. Karen