Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sundays


We had a huge attachment breakthrough after church this morning. Normally, when I pick up J. after having left him alone somewhere for awhile, like class or the nursery, he won't come to me. He'll look at me, and then just continue doing whatever he's doing. His face and body language said, "You left, so I found new people. I'm not mad; I'm just here." 


I would have to go get him, take his hand, and he would leave with me without any emotion. But after church this morning I went to the nursery to get the boys. J. was playing with a fire engine on the other side of the room. Once he saw me come in he dropped the fire engine and ran to me! He leaped into my arms and laughed and said, "Ma ma." I was so happy I almost cried! I thought, "He gets it. I'm Mom, I come back, and I'm different from the other adults in the room." I know it doesn't sound like much, but as far as attachment goes, it really was a huge breakthrough! Tonight we go to our small group where he is the best behaved boy in the bunch. Sundays are our favorite days, and we can't wait to share them with Daddy. Timmy, I miss you holding my hand during communion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGH BREAKTHROUGH!! I am so happy that he gets that you are "Ma ma". I remember him at the airport when he wouldn't walk anymore. We walked away from him lying on the floor and he just stood up and walked the other direction. No emotion, no feeling, everyone was a stranger and one just as good as another. He is learning now that he has a home. I can't wait til Tim gets home and you are a complete family. Give the boys a kiss from Lolah. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Those pictures bring back memories of Tim, Tom &Ted in those little Jump chairs. They are both so precious. (Caleb &Judah) Ted and Lisa were here for spring break. Lisa had a birthday party for Ted Sat. We were wishing you guys were here. Guess you know Tom's & Alexis's is a girl. We got to see it.She's in for a lot of fun with those big cousins of hers.Love all of you-Granny

Anonymous said...

Those pictures bring back memories of Tim, Tom &Ted in those little Jump chairs. They are both so precious. (Caleb &Judah) Ted and Lisa were here for spring break. Lisa had a birthday party for Ted Sat. We were wishing you guys were here. Guess you know Tom's & Alexis's is a girl. We got to see it.She's in for a lot of fun with those big cousins of hers.Love all of you-Granny

Becky said...

That made me tear up Tif... I'm so glad he's "getting it". I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job with him... how could he not want to come to his "ma ma"? Thanks for the happy updates!