Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And He's Off!

And He's Off!










At 6 months, one week, and 3 days, C. took his first crawls. I was diligently recording C.'s playtime activity the afternoon of the 10th, trying to capture the moment when he figured out that one's knees must move forward for one to crawl. I video taped so much that the battery went dead in the camcorder. And then, not five minutes later, off he went! Sorry, Tim! I tried to catch it, but boys will be boys. He used the new maneuver sparingly for a few days, prefering his old stand-by: the scoot and roll. But today he's been crawling after his toys like he'e been doing it for weeks. Just when I thought I had my hands full, C. became fully mobile! We're proud of him though. He still won't sit up without flopping over after several seconds. I guess he has his priorities right, though: "Who wants to sit when you can move and explore?!"
Here are some pics of C. at his best. Once he has his mind set on something, he is determined to see it through. The teddy bear blanket that his grandpa sent him worked well becuase he was determined to reach the next bear. And when he got tired, he'd plop down and talk to the bear near by. Above is his new pose that he favors when he is being held or in his chair. One arm up, and a sly grin. Just like a teenager!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! I can just see you with the video camera trying to capture the right moment. Kids hardly ever give you the right moment. I know that Tim will understand. Your days have just become VERY BUSY. Thanks for sharing. Love being able to be a part of your life this way. Talk to you soon. Mom (lolah)