Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Family Photos








A good friend (our preacher and his wife) offered to watch both boys today so that I could have a morning off. Since Tim is gone, I haven't had even ten minutes to shower without interuption in about a month, so I was more than ready for a little time-out! I don't know how military moms do this with more than two kids. Really-if they're all under four, where would you put them when you go grocery shopping or the post office? I put C. in the hip carrier and J. in the cart, and it's still chaotic! Alone, I can't imagine more.

Anyway, here are some pictures we took this morning at Amy's, and a couple of other cute random photos. They weren't very cooperative about both looking at the camera and smiling at the same time, but so it goes! I added most of them becuase I thought, "C. looks better in this one, but J. looks better in this one, and I look sick in this one..." so you can decide which ones you like best, Grandparents, and print those! C.'s new favorite thing is puzzles (to chew on the wooden pieces), and he gets a kick out of wearing his new shades. He'll need them for his new forward facing car seat! Can you believe he's old (BIG) enough for that already?!!??

Here's a Native American poem I found in a book at Barnes and Noble today. It's a good reminder that a Mommy and a Daddy are the people that love and care for you. Happy Spring!

"Mother's Song to a Baby"
First
this little baby
has been given life
through the medicine man's song
through the medicine man's prayer
for this baby the songs
have been sung
Next
the baby's mother
has taken care of him
with the songs of the rain gods
This
little baby
in his cloud-cradle
was watched over
by his mother
It
was
nice
how the clouds
came up like foam
and
as if he
was among them
this little baby
was cared for
-Anonymous, Inuit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. Love the pictures and really love the shades. The picture of Caleb with the puzzles is wonderful. You all look so happy. Can't wait to have pictures like these with Tim in the also. Love ya, Mom

P.S. Give the boys a kiss from lolah.

Melanie said...

Hey Tiff! I'm so glad that you were able to have some time to yourself! It's amazing how "fun" the grocery store seems when you're by yourself!! I wish I could help take them off your hands! I hope that you have more offers like that when Tim is home so you can have some date nights. It will be hard to keep him away from those beautiful boys though! The boys get cuter everytime you put pictures on here! You look very, very happy Tiff, but I know your smile will be even bigger when your pictures have 4 people in them! Give Judah and Caleb a hug and kiss from us!

Becky said...

Those are great pics!! They are so precious! We saw Jeff and Chastity Knight last night... they're in just for the weekend. We talked about you and your cool family, and Jeff said he was hoping he would get to meet up with Tim at some point. Hang in there Super-mama!! Love Becky