Monday, May 19, 2008

Family Camp



The beginning of summer was marked this past weekend with our church family retreat at the camp where the teens go to church camp in our area.  Church camp was a HUGE part of my teen years, memories I can share with my St. Louis readers, and it was interesting to be on the other side of it all this weekend, watching my children catch frogs and throw rocks in a campfire.  I have to say I think I liked it!  Tim got to spend quality and quantity time with the boys this weekend, which with his new work schedule is a rarity.  Literally, from 7:00am to after midnight, my boys (all 3) were playing baseball, hiking, at bonfires, in Bible class, etc... they had a great time.  J. followed Tim everywhere and rarely broke his "I'm a man" face all weekend (see the middle pic)!  I don't think his Superman hat came off much either! ;) I got to sit and do nothing with girl friends without feeling guilty about not vacuuming or doing the laundry!  Bliss!


On another note, we STILL don't have a court date for Sunflower.  Grrr....  God's timing, right? We did get an explanation though, and a new timeframe, but that doesn't change the fact that yesterday would have been better for me!  But....along with this bad news we got very good news: our Ethiopian contact is moving Sunflower from the orphanage in Kamashi to Addis on Thursday!  YEAH!  We knew she would get to be moved for court, but they decided to move her to a guest house as soon as possible, and Thursday is that day.  I feel much more comfortable with her in Addis-near medical care and where other American traveling adoptive families will see her-than with her being in one of the remotest, darkest places on the planet: Kamashi, Ethiopia.  

Please pray with us that she has a safe trip.  It's an 10 hour arduous journey to Addis Ababa from Kamashi.  Also that we get a court date soon!  We are at a standstill until she passes court in Ethiopia.  July travel is still possible, but barely.  Regardless of the frustration that comes through in this written word, I really am confident that she will get here when she is supposed to...probably just after I get C. potty trained! :) 

Burma is still a mess.  This disaster, Burmese government intensified, is expected to create thousands of orphans and kill even more.  Missionary friends of mine are scheduled to arrive in Yangon this week.  Our church in Yangon was located-praise!-and they are in  need of food, water and shelter.  Please pray for all the affected Burmese-that their needs are met, that eternal hope is restored or given to them, and that they are comforted.

Have a great Memorial Day week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little boys with their Daddies and baseball caps-it doesn't get much cuter than that! So good to hear Sunflower is moving to a safer place!

Jason said...

Looks like all of you had a wonderful time at camp. Glad to hear about Sunflower being moved that is an answer to prayer. We'll continue to pray for her and the court date. I'll call you guys soon about my next visit. I am going to arrive next week. Have a good week and I'll see you soon!
Jay

Debbie said...

Looks like Camp was great!!! I too was glad that your little Sunflower is being moved, but correction, it is 14 hours one way!!! I think they are traveling on a bus this time to get there.
Take care and keep praying!

Debbie

Tiffany said...

Huh-well considering flat tires, overheating and any other stumbling blocks in the way it could be a 20 hour trip, so what's a few hours difference??!! :) Thanks for praying that she makes it safely!

Anonymous said...

Loved the camp pics and the wonderful news about Sunflower. I guess the ball gloves came in handy. Did C get to use his also? So much fun watching your kids at camp. Will bring back so many memories for you. The fun is just beginning.
Love ya, Mom