Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What's He Saying?

Remember that Friends episode where Phoebe swears that the lyrics to that Elton John song are "Hold me close, you're Tony Danza..." when really it's something about a "tiny dancer"? I've heard that song a hundred times since, and I'm convinced that Phoebe is right. He's definately singing, "Hold me close, you're Tony Danza".

Fast forward to recent times: This catchy little tune is showing up in all sorts of commericials. Car comericals, Big Lots commercials, even on the radio as a regular song. But WHAT is he saying between the Doot DOO do do do's? That has been the question in our house for some time! On the Big Lots commercial, he's clearly saying, "You never know" doot DOO do do do... And I relunctantly admit now, Tim, that he appears to be saying, "Phenomenon" doot DOO do do do...on the radio, and maybe that car commerical too.

Well, to settle this once and for all, last night we tracked down the source. And lo and behold-look what we found! How's this for nostalgia and roll on the floor humor? So THAT's what he's saying! This is C.'s new favorite video, by the way. Doot DOO do do do! Doot DOO do do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MW4TgdKoYo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! That is too funny! I remember watching the Muppets with the family and a big bowl of popcorn every week as a kid. Good stuff.

Becky said...

ha! That is so cute!!! Love it! And something wierd... I had this dream about Caleb last night... I have no idea where we were, but I was holding him and trying to put him to sleep... isn't that wierd?