Friday, October 03, 2008

Big Tent Revival...not quite

Isn't it every Christian woman's dream to raise her sons into the ministry?  Doctors and lawyers are nice, but ideally, if the future were paved with the dust of my dreams, J. and C. would choose ministry, even if it paid nothing and took them to far-off corners of the planet.  There is no greater "job."  But, before we get to that point, C. needs to not be so excited shouting about Jesus that he forgets the words to "I'm gonna sing, sing, sing" altogether and just starts shoutin'.  That might work if we were Pentacostal.  But we're not.

And at some point, J. will need to learn how to pronounce Nebuchadnezzar.  But, I write, and I had to look up how to spell that word, so maybe it isn't really all that necessary afterall!  He's our shy one, as you can tell from the first video when he covered his face as not to be recorded correctly singing, "I'm gonna sing, sing, sing," so you might need to turn up your sound.  May everyone use the gifts God gave them to make the world a more joyful place. Blessings,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful hearts those two have! C. is exhuberant and hilarious! I love the sweet farewells at the end of J.'s video. I get teary thinking about where they've been, and who they can become now through adoption. Aren't we glad their birthmom's chose life!

Tiffany said...

Yes, we are! ;)

Melanie said...

Chloe sat and watched these videos with me today. It was fun getting to explain to her who the boys were! Great videos!!!

Anonymous said...

Makes a grandma smile! Kiss the boys for me and tell them that Lolah loved their songs. See ya soon.
Kisses, Mom

Debbie said...

What great videos!!! I love the songs!! And you are so right, the ministry would be an awesome place for our children!

Debbie

Jennifer said...

Loved them! I'm not sure now how I found your blog...most likely through a link on someone elses blog. Please don't think I'm a creepy stalker....I'm not...but I do love your blog. I've always felt that I was called to adopt. My husband and I are now beginning to look for an agency to adopt through. I'm just curious how you chose the adoption agencies you used to adopt the boys and Sunflower. What kinds of things did you look for. If you have time I would love any pointers you could give.
Thanks so much!