Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Me and My Brothers

There is only one person that can light up this baby girl's face like this.  Sure, she squeals and kicks her legs for Mommy; she cries for Daddy to hold her when he gets home; she treasures J.'s tender gifts of blankets and pacifiers, but she doesn't get that, "Here comes my best friend! I'm about to uproariously burst into laughter!" glee on her face for anyone but C.  


How sweet, you're thinking, but this has come as quite a shock to us and has raised some significant concern about the future.  After all, C. is our Great Dane puppy.  He's our "It can't be loud enough, big enough or wild enough for me!" child.  C. is the one who will clap and dance his way through church and shout, "Amen!", not care that he has peanut butter all over his face, and charm his way out of trouble with a smile that bares perfect teeth and a sloppy kiss on the face.  In short, he's our "He could be trouble," kid, or our, "He's SO full of energetic life!" kid, depending on what he's done and what mood we're in.

We thought our daughter would be a delicate daisy in a field.  Enjoy the quiet moments in life. Walk gingerly, like a princess in a meadow.  Whisper to butterflies and shyly turn away from boisterous behavior.  You know, we thought she and J. would be best buds.

God, however, in His infinite wisdom, made Sunflower to delight in the midst of boisterous behavior.  

She will laugh out loud, hysterically, for several minutes, literally have tears flowing down her face, cracking up, and begging for more when C. gets in her face and makes loud annoying dinosaur noises.  She can't get enough of him.

What this means for us: We're in soooooooo much trouble!  

But not necessarily.  If they're guided right, they could use their outgoing personalities together for positive.   It could be louder praise, more fellowship, and bigger celebrations of life's joyous moments.  It could be taking the world by storm for positive change together; leading people to their fullest potential and to Christ, together.  It may not mean years of breaking curfew, turning the music down, and mumbled, "Did they really do that?"'s as Tim and I try to fall asleep after interrogating the two of them with, "Do you REALLY do that?" every other weekend.  It could.  We're still hopeful!

Really though, I'm so glad that God put them together.  And isn't it Divine plan how when they're both tired, both wanting to simply rest and read a book, or lazily lie down and have a calming "conversation", they both know exactly to whom to turn...J.   He's the rock of the three.  Seriously, everyday we're amazed at how well God puts families together.

Enjoy the videos.  I couldn't capture uproarious laughter on camera (why is it always that way), but they're cute nonetheless!  Oh yes, and one more thing: She sits! (As of last week.)





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, the simple template! Way to change things up, girl! Who needs butterflies in fields when you can wear cute ones on your head?! Adorable! I always wished I had older brothers.

Debbie said...

Too cute! I can't believe how quickly she is catching up. Your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I sent your Sept.15 blog posting to Chris, V.'s husband. He forwarded it to his son and daughters --- the son who was the 5 yr. old boy you wrote about. Chris was touched by your story about his wife. He told me that the children always love to hear stories of their mother's faith and that it keeps them connected to her until they see her again. May God continue to bless your writings as your words travel all over the world. Judy

Tiffany said...

Awww, thanks, Judy! That makes me smile! I'm glad they had a bit of sunshine from their mother that day!

Anonymous said...

Love the videos. She is beautiful and I am so looking forward to my visit. Kiss the kids for me.
Love ya,
Mom

Karen said...

What wonderful doting big brothers Sunflower has. Each will have their special way with her which is beautiful to see.

Becky said...

OH my!! SOOOOOO adorable! She looks so happy to have those boys in her face! I love it! I can tell you have many fun years ahead!!! :)