Friday, February 29, 2008

Winter "Fish Bubbles"


We are ready for March's lamb!  I know I can hardly complain considering that it hasn't snowed here at all this year-wait-we had a flurry the other day, and it rarely gets below thirty degrees, even at night.  However, we've noticed that temperatures lower than fifty degrees do not mix well with C.'s asthma.  


He has had to have regular nebulizer treatments this winter.  Thankfully, the treatments, along with his prescriptions, have stayed off any actual asthma attacks.  Prayerfully, the warmer weather to come in March will keep us from having to spend mornings attached to the neb. machine like we've doing lately.  But, C. doesn't seem to mind as long as he can hold the "fish bubbles" (the mask is a plastic fish) and dance around the room to "Choo Choo Soul"!   This one is NEVER still or discouraged!  He has started to tell us, after a coughing fit or when his breath is wheezy, that he wants fish bubbles. That's a good sign-that he can recognize the symptoms himself and take action to breathe better.  So, we've enjoyed a lot of indoor play when it's "cold" (relative word, I know...) lately.  








March should be better though.  Tim's best friend will be here next week (he's here a week every 2-3 months for work); I'll turn 31 (yikes!), but it's better than 39 or the alternative, so I'll have a good attitude about it!  My mom (Lola to the boys because that's grandma in Tagalog) will be here; St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, daylight savings time begins, and hopefully, some warmer weather!   Happy March! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh our middle child has asthma and we go through that in the winter too! Don't you love the abuterol high that goes with a neb??? J/J As if toddlers aren't hyper enough! Is there a boy that doesn't love trains?

Debbie said...

I am soooooo ready for Spring!!! Like you it is supposed to be a lamb here too!!

With what all Heidy and I have had this winter, we are ready for nice Spring weather and to be able to be outside!!!

Debbie

graceling said...

Fish Bubbles- LOVE IT!

I think, to make spring come faster, you should change your cursor. As much as I love Santa stuck in the chimney head first, it's not very spring-inducing:)

Tiffany said...

Is THAT what it is??? ;) See, we have reduced to one computer, my husband's Mac, and you can't change cursors on a Mac. All I see on this computer is a regular pointer, and I completely forgot what I had before and I can't change it! AHHH! I'll find a solution somehow!

Debbie said...

Gabe used to suffer terribly with his asthma in the winter, but thankfully his meds have almost totally eliminated the need for his breathing treatments.

Considering we have a lot of days below 30, it is a good thing.

Hope you have some warmer days soon. We are getting yet another snowstorm here in the northeast.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
You are my BEST friend.
Timmy

Anonymous said...

Two weeks! Can't wait to see all of you. Had snow again here last week but looking like warmer weather now. Hope so....winter has been really long this year.
Love you all,
Lola