Tim and I are getting tired of unplanned purchases. It seems that everytime we go to the store C. manages to force us into a sale that we otherwise would never have considered. The above is a prime example. Not that giant yellow rubber duck and three rainbow colored ducklings wouldn't have fit perfect under milk and above whole grain spaghetti noodles on our grocery list, mind you. We just didn't budget for it. C. has had a fascination with ducks for as long as I can remember. Where most toddlers moo like a cow before they develop the "q" sound, and can point a dog out of a barnyard lineup in the crawling stage of development, C. preferred to "Quack!" Too many afternoons with bread at the pond maybe, but he has developed a love for ducks. So it shouldn't have been a surprise when he grabbed this genetically disproportionate faux feathered...thing... off of the shelf, and in one deft motion, ripped open the attached embryonic mesh bag that held its pink, blue and green babies, sending them flying down the shampoo aisle. We then spent a glorious fifteen minutes listening to a toddler-robbed of his hard work and cat-like sneaky skills-scream, "I want duckie! Quack Quack! I want it NOW!!!" Another happy trip to Walmart...
After C. made good choices for a day however, he was rewarded with his kidnapped duck, and they are currently inseparable. He feeds the duck (see above), talks to the duck, has the babies walk all around him (yes, he informed us that the big duck is the DADDY duck, NOT the mommy!), and wants to sleep with it.
Clearly, our days of running into a store, buying the few things on our list, and walking out, are long since past!








11 comments:
LOVE IT! He's such a neat kiddo! They both are!
rrw
Ducks.
They scare me.
Not as much as geese, though.
Oh it's even worse when they pull off a jar of food that breaks all over the aisle. That's when you really get the dirty looks from the people around you! Be glad he only got a rubber duck and not something expensive from the bath section, like a mini-whirlpool! That could get expensive!
Too Cute! Just wait til Judah catches on to Caleb's way of shopping!
Heather k
hi Tiffany!
I saw your comment on my blog. Thank you so much!! I would love to pick your brain about Cambodia. I am super excited about going, however I have never traveled to the far east and would love any suggestions on teaching, culture, or anything else.
My email is jeannemgalvin@yahoo.com.
I have to admit, I've been peeking at your blog for awhile. I think your kids are just so darn cute!
Glad to see you are doing well.
Thanks again for reaching out,
Jeanne
Hello sweetie, Well, here is the "mom" thing. I was so glad to hear that there had to be some good choices BEFORE the duck was able to come out and play. You have to admit that they sure look cute together. Can't wait to see all of you.
Much Love,
Mom
Beyond sweet!!! Some passions are just too much to resist!
so funny, Spencer had a huge fascination with ducks as well until he was 3. We ended up buying him a duck nearly every time we went somewhere, we even have ducks dressed up in different outfits and ducks that change colors. It's good to know that another child shares this odd fascination for ducks.
That is the funniest thing ever!!! He is so cute with that big "thing" I mean duck!! :)
Tim payback time is here, except you wanted cars and later skateboards, remember? Mom
How cute!! That is funny he is so fascinated with ducks!! I love it!! And he is a doll baby!!
Debbie
Post a Comment