Our house has undergone a massive shift. The need for transition began because the boys destroyed their room every night. I woke up each morning to EVERY toy dumped out, clothes thrown out of drawers, curtains pulled off the walls, sheets ripped off of beds...DISASTER! (see above) It got so bad that C. hasn't been allowed to sleep in there for the past five months or so since he was the primary offender. I preferred him sleeping in the pack-n-play in the living room to cleaning that room up everyday! And before you say, "Those boys just need a good spanking!"-we've been there and done that. Didn't help.
In addition, we have a new addition coming our way this year and there is no way new baby is sleeping in the boy's room! He or she needs a much more gentle environment. So, we needed a new room.

Our grand plan? Move ALL the toys from the boy's room into what used to be my study (above). All that is left now in the boy's room is the bed and their clothes. What used to be my study is now a play room with a crib for the new baby-see below:


But...my study needed a new home. So, we converted the screened in porch (that was primed and never painted and missing three screens from the dog) into a new study for me. We found a wonderful contractor who did an amazing job. We hired him to put in storm doors, a patio and a fence too! It took less than two weeks, and I love it! It's off the kitchen and dining room and is painted the perfect "avacado" shade of green. The electrician even got my my grandma's old telephone installed and working.

Here are some of my favorite parts:





I'd like to say that all is well now, but the boys are having a very difficult time adjusting to sleeping in the same room again. HOPEFULLY, after a week or two it will be smoother. But on the bright side, C. is out of the living room, new baby has a bed, and I have a study.

All we need now is the baby!









8 comments:
I love it! It screams, "Tiffany!" That;s always been your style-elegant perfection with a touch of Asia-and it looks great. Hopefully the boys won't destroy this room! Miss you,
All I can say is great job!!! And we are working on the new baby part, on my end!!!!!
Debbie
Thanks for all your help, Debbie! You are awesome!!!
Looks great! Totally you! After all your tales, I really am thankful I have a daughter! ;-) RRW
WOW!!!How beautiful. He did do a wonderful job. I can't wait to see it next month. I am getting so excited about my visit. Hope you and Tim are planning a night out while I am there. Kiss the boys for me.
Lots of love,
Mom
Forgot, I love the idea of grandmother Mangan's phone working again. I always loved that phone and it looks beautiful in your new study. She would love it!
Mom
It looks great! And I hope that baby arrives soon!
Curtains off the walls - okay, that one would do me in! I miss the crib, but love my big boy! Oh, and I saw those ducks at Wal-Mart, and quickly turned and went down the other isle - we ended up with a very large green ball from one trip b/c they just HAD to put the big bin in the center isle!
Post a Comment