Wednesday, December 05, 2007

African Proverbs


While I wait-not so patiently-for this adoption situation to go one way or another, these African proverbs have spoken to my heart. By the way, I read of three babies that died in an orphanage in Ethiopia this month. Babies die all the time in third world orphanages; there is nothing necessarily unusual about this. However, reading of it this week isn't helping me to wait patiently to bring home baby #3, nor to accept that God may have a new plan as to when our adoption process can continue. Please continue to pray that the situation with our agency, Love Basket, is resolved quickly and to the best interest of the children-which hopefully is in our best interest as well...


"Lord, make my heart sit down." (Don't just have patience; have patience with peace).

"The moon moves slowly, but it crosses the town." (This baby will come home, in God's timing. What beauty would the night hold if it went by in a flash, going my way?)

"The wind does not break a tree that bends." (I tend to break easily when things don't go my way. I need to be more bend-y).

P.S. Is my header big again for those of you who said it had shrunk to a sliver? I fixed it on my screen. How's it look on yours???

P.S.S. (These are more pictures that Tiffany Shaw took last week. If you live in our area, she does a great job! You can contact her at her blog on my sidebar.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying that this gets fixed soon! That is a beautiful picture of you and C.! Take care and hold tight, as well as you are able,

Anonymous said...

And there's "It takes a village to raise a child." As long as African's believe that, they'll care well for the babies in the orphanages until they can make it home. Hold on and keep praying!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful! Yes Tiffany does to a great job. Hang in there because God is in control and He will do what is best. Love ya, Mom

Karen said...

Everything happens for a reason but sometimes it is hard to work out what that reason is. Have faith (which I know you do) and all will work out. As I typed this Mario was looking at the photos and asked "whats Judah doing and whats in his hand" and then after it was explained "can we go and play with his leaf". Kids just amaze you at times with what is in their little precious minds.

graceling said...

Just wanted to let you know your header is back to BIG on my PC!:)

Debbie said...

It's big again and I love the pictures!!!

Debbie Wankel

Erica said...

Gods timing is perfect. He'll guide your steps all the way. Praying for you.

Yes, the header is big again. :)