Tiffany Shaw Tagged me. (She's linked on my sidebar.) So, I'll bite. The idea is to list eight things about yourself-probably things that aren't extremely well known-and then tag eight other bloggers to do the same. However, I don't think I know eight other bloggers that don't have specialized blogs. Mine is one of the few I read that is a hodge podge of information. So, I'll list eight, as asked, and tag three. Is that cheating? Probably, but here goes:
1. I could eat nachos five nights a week and be happy about it. They have to be the kind I make, though: whole grain chips, cheese, grilled chicken with goya, jalapenos and lettuce. And a glass of milk. OK-when Tim is gone, some weeks I DO eat this five nights a week.
2.
I mix my cereals together. You know, like 1/2 a bowl of frosted mini wheats and 1/2 a bowl of chocolate lucky charms. That was dinner last night, actually. Yummy. (My kids eat better than I do; don't worry!)
I mix my cereals together. You know, like 1/2 a bowl of frosted mini wheats and 1/2 a bowl of chocolate lucky charms. That was dinner last night, actually. Yummy. (My kids eat better than I do; don't worry!) 3. What else is Yummy? House. It's bizarre, I know. He's a little old for me, crippled, and mean. It isn't Hugh Laurie and his British accent that has me drooling, either-it's
House-the character. So, when most of my girlfriends are going ga ga for McSteamy (who does absolutely nothing for me, by the way), I'm stuck on House. I think it's the tee- shirts.
House-the character. So, when most of my girlfriends are going ga ga for McSteamy (who does absolutely nothing for me, by the way), I'm stuck on House. I think it's the tee- shirts.4. I miss my Jeep. Terribly.
5. Though I learned it as a child in English, I can now only sing the New Testament song in Khmer. In English, I get stuck at Galatians and have to start over, and over, and over, until eventually I just switch to Khmer and sing the whole song. My children will grow up asking each other, "Is Reevoreenah in your Bible? I can't find it in mine."
6. My dream life would be to uproot the husband and children who I love, reposition ourselves into the developing world and start an NGO. Preferably something that utilizes both Tim and I's gifts in the fields of, say, orphans or diplomacy.
7. My favorite wine is Mirassou's Cabernet Souvignon. Unfortunately, studies came out last month
that show as little as 2 glasses of wine a day increase a woman's risk for breast cancer significantly. On the other hand, one or two glasses a day lowers the risk of heart disease significantly. So, now I must choose my fate: heart disease or breast cancer? I think I'll stick to one glass a day, and pray for the best.
that show as little as 2 glasses of wine a day increase a woman's risk for breast cancer significantly. On the other hand, one or two glasses a day lowers the risk of heart disease significantly. So, now I must choose my fate: heart disease or breast cancer? I think I'll stick to one glass a day, and pray for the best.8. When I lived in Cambodia, I would catch geckos and let them loose in my room. They eat the mosquitos. And I think they're cute. Except when you lie down, turn on your aircon, and one-startled beyond measure by the sudden droning of spinning fans in his new abode-makes a flying leap out of said aircon unit and lands on your face. THEN, they're a little creepy.
Who am I tagging? Let's see...Jen Reijgers, Karen B. and Heather. You're it!








8 comments:
We are never to old to learn about our children! Thanks for sharing.(I think house is cool too)
Love ya, Mom
Tiffany, I enjoy reading your blog - your life has taken such a different route than I would have pictured for the quiet little girl I knew way back when. You have a lot of insight and a fun sense of humor. Thanks for tagging Jen - I'm anxious to see what her 'secrets' are. And by the way - I really like House too.
Ann - (Jen Reijgers mom)
You shouldn't feel bad about THOSE nachos! That recipe sounds pretty healthy, in moderation, of course. You and Tim should go for that dream life! You'd be great at it! The world will be a better place wherever you are though.
That was fun! Thanks for participating. Hope You had fun
Good list TIff!! I mixed my cereal for the first time this morning because I just had a little left of each one, and it was actually good! Honey Bunches of Oats with Raisan Nut Bran... yum!
Now see...McSteamy...YUMMY! McDreamy...not so much. I'm clearly much more the jock-lover than anything! Yum, yum, yum...give me a jock any day!!! RRW
I have been a little slack of late or it just jsut been that time has not been on my side but having read your blog ... I will take the challenge and so stay tuned to my blog to learn a little more. As none of my friend are really into blogging themselves I might not get to tag
Post a Comment