C, we said from the beginning that you are God's baby. Like all of us, you're a child who needed a home and a family. Against the recommendation of many in charge of your destiny, we chose to spare you the foster care system, and desperately tried not to let the words, "extremely high legal risk placement" scare us away from loving you to the pit of our souls, even if God only sent you to us for a few weeks, or months. Though terrified of losing you, deep inside, from the day we met you, we dreamed that we would always be able to gaze into your eyes, 
...to hold your hand,
...to capture every moment,
...to kiss you,
...to guide you in the way that you should go,
...to read to (and wonder what you'll do with those magnificently long fingers...piano?? basketball??)
...to tell you all about your birth mother, how we respect her, how her name is honored in our home, and how she has so much faith in God, and so much love for you, that she chose to give you not only life, but life abundantly;
...we dreamed we'd have you to dance with,
...to laugh with,
...to make music with,
...to cheer with,
...to celebrate with,
...to love and care for glorious, precious, irreplacable-you. And today, by the providence of God, our dreams have come true.
-It took eleven months, but after a lot of prayer and faith that God would place him where He intended him to be, today we received this irrevocable decree in the mail from the Court:
"Now Therefore, it is hereby ordered, adjudged, and decreed by the Court:
That from the date of the entry of this Decree [August 8, 2006] herein, the said minor is declared adopted for life by the petitioner(s), Timothy ________ __________ and Tiffany _________ __________ and that said child shall henceforth be known by the name of C_____ _______ _________ (our family name)." (Those blanks are filled-in, of course, on the decree). THANK GOD!!!
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Our dream for you...
Posted by Tiffany at 9:50 AM
Labels: adoption, Domestic Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








16 comments:
Tiffany...such wonderful news! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Jay and Pat Plank
(formerly from Southwest in Topeka, now house parents at Maude Carpenter Children's Home in Wichita)
Praises!!! The news couldn't be better! Can't wait to hug Caleb!!!
How wonderful! Praise God!
Hey Tiffany, if there were an academy award for best blogsite and writer in the world....I think yours and Tim's should seriously win it! Not even kidding! FYI, I loved the Life of Pi (so did Phil!) and The Red Tent as well. Great minds think alike! Right now I'm reading "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman and I highly reccomend it.....very enlightening information about the turn the entire globe has taken the past few years that I really think more people should be aware of if they aren't. Okay, just wanted to say hi, and tell you how inspiring you and your beautiful family are, may yall continue to be blessed, much love always, SGentry
Awesome blog entry! Congratulations! May God continue to grant you the
desires of your hearts as you delight yourselves in Him.
Chris
(SW c of C)
I'm so thrilled for you and your family, that's wonderful news. Congratulations!!
I may have not met your Mum and Dad in person Caleb but I know that they are special people who love you so much. Your birth Mum made a choice and has given you what is a lovely family including a big brother. God is smiling down on you all on this special day. Looking forward to meeting you one day. Karen, Peter and Mario
From a former foster child and current child advocate,
Thank you very much...
This is the happiest thing I have read all day!
Lisa
http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/
www.sunshinegirlonrainyday.com
OK... just a few tears... I'm better now! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! He is so precious and I'm so happy for you!! ps.... are you really coming to St. Louis soon?? We must plan a get-together!
that is beautiful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chelsea.
Children come by one of two methods; birth or adoption. Isn't it interesting that we all experience birth in this life? Yet, God chose "adoption" for his children who come to him by faith. You are a living testimony to the power of love by those whom choose. We share in your celebration! Let us know your plans when you are coming to ST. LOUIS!
God bless,
Mr. Brad
Tiffany, I think of you,Tim and the boys often. I was so glad to know that the hearings are over and your boys are YOURS! You are very loving parents. ( : I am so happy for you both! I am especially encouraged by your
perseverance as I'm sure at no point was it an "easy" process.
God's Blessings!
Amy
Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you. This actually means that we "officially" got two new cousin's on the 8th of August, 2006! (Tom and Tim both have "new" babies!)
Love you all!
Cheryl
WONDERFUL!!!! We just got home from vacation this evening and I can't tell you how happy I am to be a Legal Grandma (Lolah)!! I too knew that we might not have this precious one long but NOT loving him was impossible. Welcome to the family Caleb, Lolah can't wait to hug and kiss you. YEAH, Thank you Lord. XXOXO, Lolah
Tiffany, I love your blog.Thanks for sharing the good news. It's encouraging to know that two boys have such a good home.
Phillip
Congratulations Tim and Tiffany!
Josh
Post a Comment