
I think we're still recovering from this trip. The boys are crying at bedtime, wanting to stay up and play until 9:00 or 10:00 pm like they did at relatives' houses, and Tim and I are still on the upper half of the list of things that need to be done to get caught up from being gone for nearly two weeks. But it was definately worth it. Here are some of the pictures.
FAMILY:


(THIS IS TIM and TOM's BABY, BELLA).

(THIS IS NOT TIM. THIS IS TOM, WITH J and C).

We have a lot more family pics of the boys swimming with cousins in the pool, for example, but there were a lot of people in those pictures, and I don't have their permission to post their faces on the web. So....don't feel slighted! The boys had a blast with everyone, especially Emilee, Ashlee, Aubree, Ireland, and Sophia, even if your pic isn't here. If you ever want a week away to see the coast, Emilee, our house is open to you!
THINGS WE LOVED:
Trains...
St. Louis.
Dancing on the tables. (Shirts off for spaghetti!)

Spaghetti!
Things we didn't like so much: 
Camels.
Our last driving stretch was about five hours, from the Appalachians in to our house. The whole way, J asked, "Paw Paw? Grandma? Uncle Steve? Water? Baby?" He knew we had to be going somewhere exciting and new, and doing something fun, as that had been the routine for the past week or so. We answered him, "No, we're going home, to J's house!" As soon as we pulled into our driveway, and he noticed where we were, he screamed, yelled, kicked, punched, and threw a full-on toddler fit! I asked him, "Why are you sad?" And he said (signed), "Paw Paw, Paw Paw!" Amazing. After nearly 30 hours of driving, he wanted to drive MORE to see Paw Paw, and was truly bummed to realize that he was just-home. We all miss you guys, and hope we can see family more often. Who's coming in for the holidays?








3 comments:
The pictures are great. So glad you all had a wonderful time even though some of the trip was for sad reasons. Love you all, Lolah
I sure wish I had held my belly in for that picture with the sharks.
We're glad you guys came down to T-town.
Tom
Wow 30 hours of driving!! The kids did great for all that. I am sure you had the entertainment package turned onto high to make the time pass for the boys (and Mum and Dad too). Looks like everyone had a lovely time with family. Love the shirts off for spaghetti. Makes cleaning up sooo much easier. Have fun. Karen
Post a Comment