Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finding your sport

and your favorite hat.  
J.'s a little attached to this yellow cap lately, and most days he can be found in the backyard, sporting this hat and hitting wiffle balls.

For a tiny five year old (he's in the 50% for a three year old), he really does show immense aptitude for baseball.  He consistently hits the ball pitched to him from 30 feet away (sometimes over the opposite fence). He hits fly balls and grounders. His form is perfect; he throws well, and he's learning the terminology.  We don't do organized sports (other than gymnastics, which is more base-line skill building for all other sports) this young, but we'll keep working with him at home, and I'm sure in a couple of years we'll find ourselves at little league games on Saturdays.  He excels at gymnastics too, by the way.

5 comments:

Susan said...

He looks like a baseball player!

Debbie said...

Heidy is playing t ball too this year. Eden is not old enough. He is a very hadnsome little base ball player!!!

Debbie

Mom said...

Hope Lolah is able to attend some of those games! They are growing so fast and are so beautiful. Can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks.
Love ya, Mom

Karen said...

He looks likae a baseballer! and that he is having fun! Mario just started Auskick which is ball skills for Aussie Rules Football and loves taking part. Just encourage and keep having fun and enjoy where it takes you

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I've been following your blog for a while, I think I found you through the Yahoo group? We brought our son home from the Philippines a little over 5 months ago, and he reminds me a lot of J! Anyway, I have a question for you about J. I couldn't find your e-mail, but could you e-mail me off-line? My address is rachelribar@yahoo.com. Thanks!! Love the pics of your kiddos :)