Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Our weekend away



My mom came into town, and Tim and I got a weekend away at the beach.  It was the first time we'd had away from kids for more than a few hours in four years.  We were long overdue for some kid-free time!  We swam in the waves, read books on the shore, went shopping, went to bed when we wanted and got up when we wanted.  It was lovely!

There's a consignment store I love in the beach town we frequent, and I was showing off my new green $2.00 shoes, but really it looks like I'm showing off my wonderful "tan" from the beach that day!  Obviously, it didn't hurt until the next morning!

Mom had a lot of fun with the kids while we were gone, and she can come back anytime and do it again!

Dad-this one's for you!  These houses were everywhere along the beach!

1 comments:

Robyn said...

I LOVE the pic of G and your mom! It's fabulous! I'm glad you guys got some time away! Talk soon!