I don't post this to shock and awe, but to remind us all that our day isn't so bad. Even if our stocks are dwindling away with our retirement funds, our cars are broken or out of date, our closets don't have one outfit in them that we feel like wearing today, or we ate left-overs...again... and passed on milk this week because of increasing prices, it isn't so bad. And as we're reminded of how blessed we are, may we reach out in compassion and shine Jesus' hope to the world that is living in utter darkness, even if it makes our life a little uncomfortable.
(BTW, I wouldn't have your little kids watch this. The shocking end of innocence need not precede adolescence in my mind, but that's just me.)








6 comments:
Wow! I am so glad that they were able to receive help but how many more are in the same place they were. The older sister is amazing! Kiss the grandbabies for me. I love you, Mom
This video makes you want to sell it all and jump on a plane, doesn't it? Especially you, knowing your heart. I'm glad you put the little paragraph before the video. It's been going around some of the african adoption blogs sometimes without an explanation. I appreciated your explanation because it is shocking. I hope people see it and act in love to make a real difference in the lives of a few. We all can do it!
"Every child can be yours." That's the one that got me. How right she is. Oh my broken heart for Africa's children.
Susan is indeed right, sell it all and jump on a plane!!! Seemingly impractical but sure does sum up the emotion of my heart!
I saw this the other day and it has been haunting me ever since. I pray that in our lifetime we will find a way to put an end to hunger and war.
Thank you for posting it and reminding people to THINK about what is really important.
I saw this recently and wow it makes you think!! We are so blessed yet we are such complainers!!
God help us to be more like Him!!
God also be with the children who are like this every day!!!
Debbie
as i watched this and saw the big sister jane, i immediately thought of my own daughter, who is also 8 years old. i began to cry.
i can't even begin to imagine my oldest being the primary care giver for her younger brothers. walking for miles to get enough water to give them a bath. feeding them before herself even though she was starving as well.
my heart aches right now, but i am so thankful to God for sending people that had it on their hearts to help. i am thankful that hopelessness did not overtake those precious children.
i pray for others out there that are just like sam and esther. and even more for those like jane, who are so small, but yet carry such a heavy load.
Post a Comment