Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The race to the big red bow

We are in the final stretch now of preschool Christmas parties, fundraisers and performances; occupational and speech therapist end-of-year eval.'s and gift giving; Christmas card addressing and gift buying; baking for three teachers, four OT and speech therapists, and Sunday school teachers; laundry, lists, and packing for travel; dog kennel vet visits, re-assuring the boys that even though WE don't have a chimney, Papa DOES, so Santa will in fact be able to get to them; keeping one drawer stocked of clothes that fit this rapidly growing baby; wiping the nose of whoever has the rotating cold this week (yay, me!  What a week to get sick!); work parties, Santa photos, and explaining to the children for the millionth time, "We do all of this for Jesus' birthday.  On Jesus' birthday, the world has a BIG party, and we call it Christmas."  Whew!  And what a party it is to plan for!!!  Here's to hoping you and yours have/take time to offer a bit of yourself to Christ this season as we all so hectically prepare for the big day.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

We are headed to a Bethlehem walk on Friday night that I hope will help the kids understand a little better. Chloe's preschool does a great job of teaching about Jesus' birth. They made a paper link countdown to Jesus' birthday. Each link has a good deed to do on it. We have been having fun working on all the deeds. One night it was just a fun item - sing your favorite Christmas carol. You should have heard the Brashears dinner table singing Jingle Bells!! Great memories though!

Anonymous said...

She does have two arms, right? ;) That pic is so adorable. I know what you mean at this time of year. It's crazy! Merry Christmas!

Tiffany said...

LOL! Yes...she has two arms!!! That dress was really big on her, but I started buying everything really big for her b.c she's grown sooooo fast! Merry Christmas to you too!

Anonymous said...

I know things are really busy this time of year but I can't wait to see you all in Topeka. This will be my first Christmas to watch the little ones open presents and I can't think of anything more fun. Kiss the babies for me.
Love ya,
Lolah
(mom)