Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Beyond politics

How precious it is to be able to say to you, sweet boy, "You can be ANYTHING God made you to be," and really, really, stare into your soul and pinch your cheeks, really, REALLY... mean it. Yes, you can.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Amen and Amen and Amen! I can't stop crying! Oh such hope!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so happy for him, for you, for me, for the world! YES WE CAN!

Anonymous said...

I have always believed that my grandbabies could do anything that they set their minds to but I realize that this election proves that. We talked a lot about both our hopes and fears for the nation and I am praying that you are right about your choice. I will remain optimistic and pray without ceasing. Miss holding the little ones. Kiss them for me.
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

I have been thinking about this non-stop since last night. Isn't it such a wonderful thing that our little boys will know it is the truth? I have cried on and off all day just thinking about what this means for our sweet babies.

Tiffany said...

Unfortunately, two of mine, and yours can't be President HERE since they weren't BORN here, of course. This has been an interesting conversation in our house today! But all three-even though one is only 9 months old-now know that they could each be President of the country in which they were born (for C., that's here), and it certainly isn't the color of their skin that is prohibiting them from being President here. So, the sky's the limit, for as you and I know, this election represents far more than the Presidency anyway. YAY AMERICA! :)

Amber said...

I love your blog and would love to swap links!!

Happy to have met you.