Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hope


Here are some pics from the past week. There are more of C. because Tim and J. went to buy a new F-150 on Halloween. Tim let Judah pick out the truck, and calls it "J.'s truck", so now J. goes everywhere telling people that he got a new truck! He enjoyed that much more than trick-or-treating. However, they both were train engineers that day for their school party. Thanks, Emma, for the costumes!

























On Saturday, Tim and the boys got up before the sun to go to a Gleaning for Hope Farm. They are nation wide, and our church participates with one locally. These farmers reserve several rows of crops for benevolence purposes, and Saturday was sweet potato day. Tim and the boys picked all the potatoes they could, loaded them up in the new truck, and delivered them to an elderly neighborhood where some of the widows from church on a very fixed income reside. The boys loved digging in the dirt, getting messy, finding potatoes, and loading them into buckets. Unfortunately, the camera battery died shortly into this trip, so there aren't many pictures to work with. If you want to see something remarkable though, pull up a pick-up truck full of free sweet potatoes to an elderly village in the south. J. calls them "happy potatoes." There were many happy people today! Our homestudy for baby #3 is underway. We should be done with visits with our social worker by the end of next week, and we hope to have the report to our agency by the end of the month. As we sat on the couch with our wonderful social worker last night, I realized, "Wow! We have another baby coming home! This is really happening!" All of our paperwork should be done by the end of the year... and then we wait. Though the wait for a Filipino child is nearly two years, things move MUCH more quickly in Africa. Average wait times are 1-6 months. Happy Autumn,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity for the young ones! I wonder if we have a farm like that near us. Great pictures of C.-adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Now we need to see pics of J's truck! What a great thing for Tim and the boys to do. Looks like they had a wonderful time and I am sure the potatoes were greatly appreciated. Wow, 1-6 months is not very long. YEA
xxoxo, Lolah (mom)

James E. Miller said...

Hi, Tiffany! Of course I remember you! Thanks for leading me to your blog. I enjoyed reading about your beautiful family.

I have a special place in my heart for adopted children - I am one!

Blessings to all of you...

Alisa said...

I'm glad you found my blog so now I can read yours, too! Your boys are so handsome, and I hope things go well with adoption #3! If you're ever over our way, look us up.

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

Tiffany - you might not know it, but we've been reading your blog for a while now! My mom likes your "tickers" for J. & C. and the pointers. I think the 4th of July slide show was one of our favorites!

Glad to see you guys had such fun on Halloween & picking potatoes! Tucker would have loved that!

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

Tiffany - Amy Burge (McAlister now) is in STL still - she's got 3 kiddos and was doing great last time I saw her when I was home. She goes to Mid-County. I'll check with my mom to see if she has an email or phone number I can get for you. JJ goes to Mid-County too.

Tiffany said...

Thank you, Kellie! ;) Tell her I MISS her!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on getting close to getting your homestudy done!!! I love the pictures of "C"! They are adorable!

Debbie Wankel

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

Tiffany - I have some contact info for Amy for you. If you want to email me at dklowther@kc.rr.com, I'll send it on to you. Hope you guys are having a great day! Kellie