(Forget 100 hits every 2-3 days; we were getting over 100 hits A DAY for awhile, so I will keep you in suspense no longer!)
I'm thinking of a country. . .
*that houses 77 million people,
*The rest live a life expectancy of less than 50 years.*1.5 million of them are living with HIV.
*It is one of, if not THE, oldest country on the planet. Some refer to it as "the cradle of humanity." In fact, Lucy, the upright walking, somewhat human looking skeleton was found here.
*Its language is Semitic based. No one knows exactly where the strong Jewish influence here originates. Some say it is from Moses' wife of this likely heritage. Others trace it to when the tribe of Dan migrated south after the split of Israel and Judah. Others say it began with the contraversial offspring of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba-a dynasty which they believe lasted until its overthrow in 1974. Today, there are about 80 different nationalities here.
*One of the most popular theories with archeologists holds that the Arc of the Covenant is here, under the church St. Mary of Zion.
*In modern times, seventeen years of civil war from 1974-1991, combined with the Walla famine and universal drought, left thousands orphaned, millions dead, infractructure destroyed, and economy ruined.
*Therefore, it is tied with Burundi for the lowest GDP in the world-$90 and is the third poorest country in the world.
*This country has 5 MILLION orphans, and MSN reported in 2004 that adoptable babies are becoming the country's #1 export. If ever there was a country where there is a need for adoptive families, it's here.
*The adoption fees for this country are some of the lowest available, and referrals for children are quick.
You probably have guessed by now that baby #3 will come from . . . . . . . da da DA.........................Ethiopia! We were recomended an agency, Love Basket Inc., by Christian Adoption Services-the agency that facilitated J. and C.'s adoptions. Ethiopia is a new program for Love Basket, but one family has already brought home their six month old little boy.
Our prayerful request: a healthy baby of either gender-well under 12 months old at time of travel.
We can't complete our dossier until Tim returns in the fall, but a referral is expected within six months of dossier arrival in Addis Ababa. Travel comes about 3 months after acceptance of referral. Though escorts are available for Ethiopia, Tim and I are GREATLY looking forward to our trip to Africa to meet and bring home the new baby next year. Grandparents-get ready to watch two very excited big brothers while Mom and Dad get to visit The Continent!
Here are some blog links to three "cyber friends" I've made lately who are also in the process of, or have completed, an Ethiopian adoption. You can see pictures and read of their journeys.
www.5mcckids.blogspot.com
www.5mcckids.blogspot.com
http://mysite.verizon.net/resotl5g/id20.html
http://eliasbrown.blogspot.com/Love Basket=http://www.lovebasket.org/AP/Ethiopia.htm
Blessings to all, and thank you for following along this journey with us. If you have questions or comments, please leave them in the comments (below) and I will try to address them in the next post.








15 comments:
Oh I'm so excited for you guys! How long will this all take? I hope it's a girl. What do the boys want?
I'm going to be a grandma again-yahh granny hi Tim , lo0ve all you guys do they have golf courses in A? I'm trying to teach bella how to play-
Congrats Tiff and Tim! I've been checking your blog as much as possible the last few days-way to keep us guessing. I'm so happy for you all and can't wait to hear more about baby #3.
Take care,
Jenny ps. did you take all of
those pictures? They look
so professional.
That is awesome!!!! So excited for you!!!!!! (and thank for for the reveal finally!!) :)
Val, Judah has said he's wanted a sister for a long time, but we're expecting a boy in our minds. We'll see! Jen, I didn't take any of the pics in the past two posts. They were from adoption agency sites or public domain.
Wow, exciting! Sounds like a good choice, too. Way to make the most of that suspense. :)
Tim and Tiff, We love you guys and can't wait to welcome your new baby! We can't wait to hear if the baby will be a boy or a girl! One of these days we will have all the kiddos together to play. We keep Timmy in our prayers. I wish that he and Jay would be able to meet up again. Jason really appreciated that time with Tim. Hug the boys from us and we'll talk soon! Love, Melanie
Boy or girl would be wonderful (I kind of hope for a girl). This Lolah is already to babysit and looking forward to whatever you need when you go get #3. Love you all so much. Tiff, kiss the boys for me. xxooxo, Lolah
Just looked at the enclosed web sites you gave. The children are beautiful! Great choice and wonderful to know that you are working with a place of such need. If I were younger........... but I guess I will just be happy being the best Lolah I can. Love ya, Mom
Tiffany,
So I guess now the big question, what are we going to name her? I know I always said I wanted to name the next one either Yoda or Leah but you are against those two. We need a name that is pretty, like Tea Cup, or Ribbon, or Samantha? Maybe not. We need to come up with a good one for her though.
Timmy
or HIM...
Why would we name a boy Tea Cup or Ribbon. We would name a boy somthing tough and American, lik Stele Belted, or Long Horn, or Rebarb. No son of mine will be named tea cup. Thats why were getting a girl.
:)
Timmy
very exciting!! thanks for you comment on my blog. :)
Rebarb! Ahh ha haa!
Congratulations and wowee! Your processes are so different to that in Australia. At present the wait times for Ethiopia which is quite popular here in Australia is getting up to 3 years and in some cases longer. We have a quota system and that makes it hard. I wish you every happiness as you go through this process. I look forward to hearing about your journey and your experiences. One of Marios friends is Ethiopian and she has a few health issues (parasites) and the most incredible hair and the sweetest personality. Mario will be an only child - well we are 10 years older than you and left it all a little late - but has plenty of friends and family to help him along the way. Karen
Post a Comment