Happy 4th of July!





We had a wonderful 4th of July with friends that we hadn't seen in quite a while. We went to their house, cooked out, set off fireworks, and talked for hours. We got home about 11:30; the boys were in bed asleep by 11:31, and Tim and I got to sleep just after midnight. So, when C woke up crying at 7:00 am this morning, all I could say was, "You have got to be kidding!" as I put my pillow over head and groaned. There are literally NO days (or mornings) off in parenting, huh? When I went in to get C though, J was flat on his stomach, arms and legs spread wide, lying horizantally across the bed. He was so still that I couldn't help but check his pulse! Alas-all was well. He was breathing, but exhausted.
As expected, J was not fond of fireworks! But, he didn't cry. He either attached himself like a crab to Tim (see picture), or curled up in the lap of a friend. Whenever a round of fireworks stopped, he'd sign, "all done," and we'd say, "not yet-they'll be more," and he'd put his head back down, hold on, and wait for the next round to be over. At least he felt safe, even if he didn't like them. He enjoyed the sparklers, though. As long as it didn't make a loud noise, he liked it. C, on the other hand, well...what doesn't C like? He sat in my lap, gummed a blue icing cookie, and contentedly watched the light show all night!
We hope you all had a Happy 4th as well! The freedom that we have in Christ and country is a blessing that most of the world is living without, and it was nice to take a day to be grateful and recognize those gifts with friends and family.








3 comments:
Good Morning and AMEN!! We spent the day at the lake with friends. Love the pictures of the boys. I am so glad they had a good day. Just wait til next year. Both boys will be in the middle of everything. Your family is beautiful and I am so proud of all of you. Much Love, Mom (Lolah)
ADORABLE!! Those are great pics! I'm so glad your family is all together! You are all so precious! Glad you had a happy 4th!!!! :)
It looks like there was lots of celebrating and lots of fun for all even if Judah was not all that sure about the fireworks.I know Mario was not all that keen on them when we had some here in Canberra a month or so ago. A little too noisy for his liking.
Post a Comment