Wednesday, July 12, 2006


"How many kids do you have?"
"Two," I answer, but inside, many days, I'm thinking, "Three. I have a 10 mon. old, a 2 yr. and 10 mon. old, and a 30 year old."

But, I wouldn't have it any other way! Without Timmy, who else would take J down the firemen's pole at the park, make goofy faces at C until he couldn't laugh any more, and...teach them the unending joy of riding down the stairs on a blanket. Weeeee! I remember my brother, Steve, and I putting on our fuzzy footed pajamas when we were kids and racing down the stairs head first, feet first, and on our tummies. Those really were fun times huh, Steve? Well, instead of bedtime, this is the scene I walked into after a trip to the grocery store the other day. Actually, I heard it before I saw it,
"Hold on, J! 1...2...3..." Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, "Ahhhhh!" and then two boys-make that three-laughing hysterically.


I know by now that sounds like those require the camera, pre-set to the sports setting to capture any moment that is happening very fast. When I found the boys, they were at the top of the stairs again, and J was signing "more." (see picture) It's hard to tell who is having the most fun here, I know, but that's how it should be, I guess. Enjoy your week!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!! And yes, you do have 3 children. What a joy to have all 3 of your boys in your life. And just think, you will never be bored!! I love you all, Lolah

Becky said...

SOOO cute! They are all precious! Even Tim! :) We never had stairs as a kid (my dad always had to live in the RANCH) :) , so I will have to try the blanket thing on our steps! hehe!

Tiffany said...

Becky-the trick is to sit on the blanket, then wrap it in front of you so that you don't lose it on the ride down. OK, I admit, I went down the stairs a time or two with them. AND, I admit it was fun!

Karen said...

How much fun does that look!! Nappies would make the bouncing a little softer between steps ... though I doubt Tim would be wearing one! There is definitely a technique to it. No stairs in our house so Mario will have to miss trying that one until he visits his Aunty M's house

Anonymous said...

What fun, Tim have you thought of one of those plastic sleds? better close the door to the other room tho. Love you guys granny