I've been on sabbatical from the internet lately. Though not my choice (faulty hard drive, faulty modem, some other mystery problems...) it has been surprisingly pleasant to have the keyboard removed from my fingertips. There have only been a couple of real inconveniences about the situation, like helping Tim with his final graduate school paper of the semester and updating the blog, but other than that, there hasn't been anything that either can't wait or can't be solved using the...what's that invention called? Oh yes, the telephone.
I've gotten a lot done with my computer unplugged. During the first round of problems, I took C.'s crib down and set up a toy shelving unit in their room. And I painted a giraffe on the wall to measure their heights. Yes, it went just like that in my head: "Self, what WILL you do today without a computer?" "I think I'll paint a giraffe on the boys' wall." "Great idea, self." And here it is:
The boys started preschool this week. Can I get a "Halleluiah"? They only go there three mornings a week-9 hours a week-but what a blessed 9 hours it is! The planets have re-aligned and I have been able to get the tags for my car, go to the doctor, fill-out adoption papers, bathe alone, sit in a Starbucks parking lot with a grande extra hot hazelnut mocha and think, "Holy cats, it's quiet in here." Beautiful. And then I rush back to preschool, worried about whether or not C. ran out of diapers, if any ruthless toddler pummeled one of them, if they obeyed their teacher, how much paint they ate; I scoop them up, hug them, kiss them like they've been rescued from a burning building and tell them honestly about how much I missed them. I'm pathetic. Or just really in love with my babies. Here's another pic of their first day of school, showing off their new backpacks. C. was sooooo excited to go to school. He could have cried a little....just one tear would have been fine with me. I got enough tears from J. to make up for it, though and by the second day of school they were both running off to their classrooms with glee.
I also finished J.'s baby book since the demise of my internet connection. Yep-that is a year and a half late; go ahead and reprimand me now. But it is finally done, and I will do another post on that later.
In addition, I've reconnected with old friends via the...telephone, begun work on our homestudy for "new baby" (as the boys call him), started working with a travel agent (via telephone) on travel plans for our trip to Africa which is also serving as Tim and I's ten year wedding anniversary trip. Tim and I spent many hours in negotiation about a new job, and we are so blessed to have been given, "ordered" rather, a new job that meets BOTH of our desires. Those of you follwoing this saga know what a relief this is, and what a blessing it is to know that God listens and provides. Tim will be home much more with this new job, and the signing bonus puts us on a lifestyle that we feel strongly to be God's will for us-debt free with money invested for the future. Certainly, another Halleluiah is due here.
I'm currently at the county library using the internet, apparently to become a once or twice a week ritual for me until my computer is feeling up to par again. But feel free to leave comments and I'll read them when I can. Tim checks the blog everyday to see the boys. Or better yet, pick up the phone and call me. Human voices are nice. Have fun choosing joy this week,








8 comments:
Oh the first day of school! Don't you have that image in your head of the little boy with his palm against the school bus window waving bye to Mommy? Mine happily went off their first day also, but who do they go to when they scrape their knee, huh? Mommy! Have no fear. They love you!
Love the post!. The boys look so grown up heading off to school. I can still remember you and your brothers first day of school! No tears there either just a little worried look that passed quickly. Love what you have done to their room and the giraffe is wonderful. Talk to you soon, Love and kisses,
Lolah
Congrats on all you accomplished! I would probably go catatonic instead of productive if my computer shut down.
Congrats on getting your Packet II off to LB. Our dossier was sent to Ethiopia over a week ago & it still seems unreal that I completed "another" paperchase :-) I know you'll feel the same way when it's all over.
I keep checking back to see what's up. Sorry that you've lost your internet. Mine goes in & out - there is something remotely "freeing" about having to do other things besides be at the computer...
I'll keep checking back with you for more progress :-)
Blessings,
Beth (from CAFEkids & Love Basket)
Hey Tiff!
Just a few things to make you feel a little better!! :) I STILL have not finished Isaiah's baby book, and I am 5 years late!!! I know, pathetic! And this week Isaiah officially stopped giving me a kiss in front of his friends at school! I now have to get one on the walk before we even get there! I wanted to cry, but it's also kind of neat watching him mature before my eyes! Oh, and I LOVE the telephone, so feel free to call anytime!
Love ya,
Sara
Tiffany, I gave you an award on my blog. www.musicalbookworm.blogspot.com.
This is Debbie's daughter BTW
The boys sure look grown up and very smart with their backpacks. Caleb looks so much older than the 2 that he turns tomorrow. I also envy your artistic skills - what a great giraffe and the boys room just looks fantastic. Now if only I could get Mario to get his room all neat and tidy like that! I have a feeling he thinks that is what mummy is for! Having been without a computer this year a few times I know what it is like and for me the worst part was no online banking. Enjoy your spare moments and the little things that you get to enjoy on your own.
Karen,
Believe me, their room is not tidy the majority of the time! Thank you so much for the invite to Mario's party. Oh how I wish we could make it! What a beautiful vacation that would be! Mario's gift from J. went in the mail today, so hopefully he'll get in on time. Blessings,
Post a Comment