Monday, July 02, 2007

Get Down, Get Down...

Wild and crazy times on our mid-west tour! Actually, the above picture was taken at Vacation Bible School last week, so not that crazy! Tim's brother is the education minister at the church here at Tim's mom's place, and he conducted VBS. The boys had a lot of fun in their classes, singing songs, and making crafts. Caleb got to go to the water carnival Friday night that closed out VBS, and from what I hear he jumped until he dropped in the moon jumper. Judah and I went to a friend's wedding in Missouri for the weekend. Judah was SO well behaved. He met some new little friends, and soaked up all of the one-on-one Mommy time. I think he was overdue for some of that. I enjoyed catching up with old friends from college and having a much needed mini-break. It was a blast to see who was balding, who was reproducing, who lived where, did what, and dreamed of achieving this that and the other. We need more reunions like that. I drug Judah off of the dance floor at a barn dance after the wedding at 1:00am Sunday morning (that boy's got some moves...), and we came back to Tim's mom's house after a short sleep. In fact, when he woke up after about 6 hours of sleeping, he said, "I want to dance more!" I wish I took pictures of Judah dancing with the beautiful bride. She carried him and danced with him for a long time. It was precious. If anybody did gets pics of that, send them to me. We're off to my mom's on the farm later this week for some bonfires and tractor riding. We are so blessed to have dear friends that span decades and family to turn to in order to help make the time go faster when Tim is away. Happy 4th!

3 comments:

Becky said...

So glad you're having a good trip! I was just looking at pics of us all at Grant's Farm last summer when you came in, and can not believe how fast time flies!!!! Let us know if you make it to St. Louis soon!!! Love you!

Sara K. Parker said...

Hi there!

I just linked to your blog from the Yahoo Philippines adoption group, and I went all the way back to see how on earth you got lucky enough to get two referrals on the same day! :) I LOVE YOUR story. And it was very timely, as my husband and I are getting ready to submit our dossier to the PI, BUT we've been seeing domestic adoption and foster care info everywhere, and we are starting to wonder... LOL

Anyway, so excited to see you are adopting from Ethiopia next, as that's where our two boys are from. :)

Sara
sarakparker@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I like the photos.
Happy Independence Day