Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Long Lookout

Tim calls home everyday on his way home from work when he's a mile or so from the house. I open the front door, and the boys are allowed to go out and look for Daddy's truck coming down the street. J. can spot that Land Rover from around the corner, and by the time Tim gets a house or so away both boys start jumping and running and shouting, "Dada! Dada!" Today, after naps around 4:00, I went out to sweep the front porch. The boys followed, of course, and were glued to the patio, looking for Daddy. It took twenty minutes of me explaining, and re-explaining, that Daddy "went to work for a loooonnnnnggggg time and he won't come home today," before they reluctantly agreed to come inside without Tim. This is going to be a difficult year. I'm not sure who has a hardest time with these separations, Tim, me or the boys. One thing's for certain-it isn't fun for any of us. But hopefully 2007 will be the last year where our family members are spending a large portion of the year on different continents. We love and miss you, Timmy!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

((((Tiffany))))
These absenses are so very hard and Brian isn't gone nearly as long as Tim. The new kids don't understand at all and by the end of Brian's last TDY, they were really acting out. I think they thought yet another person had let them down.

You, Tim and the boys are in my prayers daily as you all deal with this long seperation.

Anonymous said...

This made me want to cry. So hard to explain to the boys about these long trips away from home. Give them a kiss for me and I hope to see you soon. xxooxo Lolah