Thursday, December 21, 2006

Smooch!

First of all, many of you let me know that you couldn't post comments on the blog last post. I have no idea what happened-blogger technical difficulity-but I saw that the post had a couple of hundred hits, so I felt the love even if you couldn't say it! And this post has some goofy formatting. Again-sorry. How it looks on the creation page, and the preview page, is different from how it actually posts. But I think most of you are smart enough to read words even if they are broken by a line. I'm tired of messing with it!
Onto this post...We had a fabulous visit with Tim's brother, Tom, his wife, Alexis and their 4 month old, Bella. They came in for 3 days or so. If Tim and I were to ever have a biological child, he or she would probably look a lot like Bella. She's adorable, so we can't complain! Both boys were exceedingly sweet with her. C wanted to kiss her whenever he saw her, and J was very attentive to her needs.

Naturally, Tim had a great time bonding with a baby girl.

We celebrated Christmas with them while they were here. The boys had fun opening presents "for Jesus' birthday", and have taken to saying, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" whenever they see Santa!
Unbeknownest to all of us, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" became our Christmas theme. Spider Tom and Alexis got J a remote control Tarantella (of which both boys are terrified, by the way. Tim had WAY too much fun sneaking that scary toy into their beds. . . . It took a while before C felt secure in his bed last night.) Though, instead of screaming when it approached, the boys apprehensiviely laughed and ran away from it this morning. So, maybe it will grow on them.


In the meantime, we got Bella a felt book of the song, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," which she enjoyed gumming.


Then, C got a Karoke microphone from Tom and Alexis that plays, what else..."The Itsy Bitsy Spider!" C loves carrying that microphone around and full body dancing to the songs it plays!
Other gifts exchanged include a big puppy dog chair for Bella, a few DVDs for the boys, a sling shot for Tom (from Tim), a huge flying disk for the boys (Tim included), and the recently released New Testament on CD preformed by actors such as Samuel L. Jackson, Denzel Washington, and Angela Bassett, for me. Awesome.






Thanks Tom and Alexis! It was a very Merry early Christmas!
Ted, Tim's littlest brother (and youngest), and his wife Lisa are flying here as I write this to spend Christmas week with us. We haven't had the opportunity to really bond with them as a couple since they're still newlyweds, so we're looking forward to that time together. I'm sure we'll have plenty of pics to post from their visit next week. Have a Merry Christmas!
Manger

1 comments:

Becky said...

Great pics! Did Caleb get a haircut?? He looks sharp! :) Have a very Merry Christmas!!! ps... that new testament on cd thing sounds very cool!!! I will have to look into that one!!