Many of you know that I will be in Zimbabwe for a couple of weeks in June. I am the missions chair at our church, and we are embarking on the journey of establishing a foreign missions ministry. It's been a long time coming and an answered prayer, for sure.
While in Zimbabwe, we will mostly be working and staying here, the Nhowe Mission. We will volunteer in the hospital, preach and teach, serve orphans, the poor, the sick, and the lost. It is truly a situation where the workers are few, and the needs cannot be met by simply sending a check in the mail. I found most of the pictures online of the current situation in Zimbabwe too disturbing to post here, so I went with smiling toddlers. If you want a more accurate picture of the current situation, feel free to google it. Though isn't it a life lesson that children can find a smile in about any circumstance?
It can be expensive to obey the Great Commission. The local community outreach ministries we've organized are far less expensive, and we are very busy with those as well; however, "all the world" is bigger than my neighborhood. I am still in need of about $500 to meet my fund raising goal for this Zimbabwe mission. If you feel compelled to give, please do so here. It is quick, easy, online and secure through Paypal. The people of Zimbabwe thank you.
And in case you wondered, Zimbabwe is in southern Africa, just north of South Africa. It is officially syncretic (a blend of Christianity and animism), a place where Satan has cast dark shadows of fear over peoples' hearts in the form of superstition and demonology. The average life span is about 40. The HIV/AIDS rate in Zimbabwe is just under 25% (yes, that's 1 in 4...). They are in the midst of a cholera epidemic, an orphan crisis, political turmoil, inflation leading to starvation and desperation. Many literally gather grains of food to eat that have fallen off of passing trucks to survive.

THANK YOU for helping me share some of our spiritual and physical abundance with them. If nothing else, please pray for the Zimbabwean people and our mission team. The Spirit can do amazing things though us when we work together in His name. Blessings,









2 comments:
God Speed, Tiffany! I'll see what we can do to help!
Loved the Easter pics. They look so cute and happy. I can't wait to see all of you in June. This grandma (Lolah) needs hugs and kisses.
Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment