I LOVE Arizona!

I love the weather, the culture, and the attitute. You can be who you are, and be completely accepted. Fashion, vanity, pretentiousness, and narrow mindedness are rarely seen and it creates a refreshing, relaxing environment. I lived there with Tim for a few months years ago, and whenever he has to go back on business, I try to follow (for a few days, at least)! There was snow in Mexico and it made for beautiful scenery.
C. went with me because he still flies free, and J. enjoyed a week with Granny. Both boys ended up getting spoiled! But a little spoiling never hurt anybody.

Tim, C. and I ate out at great Mexican places about everyday. We learned that C. loves strawberry smoothies and HOT Jalapenos! Yes, I tried to take them away from him when he cried and said, "Hot! Hot!" but then he cried even more, signed "please" and begged for them. And from then on, no matter what I fed him, he'd put it in his mouth, spit it out, say "no hot!" and beg for salsa and jalapenos. Good thing he likes milk because it's the only thing that takes the fire out!


C. and I went to Bisbee one day. It's my favorite town near there. It used to be the largest city between St. Louis and San Francisco-in the late 1800's. Now it's a bunch of free-thinkers, miners, Mobius strip worshippers, street preformers, artisans and coffee huts. It's wonderful! Not that I'm advocating worshipping a shape, mind you. Since Bisbee is a mining town they have great gems and I always get a piece when I go. That and honey. There's a guy who raises bees and makes a dozen flavors of honey. I bought 4 jars.
Don't forget to bring home your two honey jars, Tim! C.'s favorite part was the street performer who, no I'm not making this up, had a big black dog. A shabby tabby cat rode around ON TOP of the dog, and a little mouse named Winchester rode around ON TOP of the cat and did little mouse tricks! I didn't have my camera, so I don't have a pic, but really-its true! C. said, "Woof, Woof!" and signed "mouse." He didn't want to walk away he was so mezmorized by this demonstration of peace on earth.

Well, we're home now. Tim's mom leaves Monday, and my mom comes in Thursday-just in time to babysit so my girlfriends and I can go out for dinner to celebrate a very ugly birthday for me. You know, 29 for the 2nd time...Have a great week!
8 comments:
Pictures are wonderful. So glad you had a good time. I talked to granny while you were gone and I think she and Judah got along great. Can't wait to see all of you. Love and Kisses, Lolah
Wow...free thinkers, no pretentiousness or narrow mindedness?!?!?! Sounds like my kinda place!!! LOL!!! And hey-this is not an ugly birthday for us! I'm fully embracing my 30th and LOVING it!!!! I may feel differently about 40, but 30...I'm psyched!!! -RW
Hi Tim. I enjoyed being with Judah. I'll keep him anytime you want me to. It's also good to see Caleb now that he's home. We went out for Mexican today. Miss and love you. Mom
It looks like you had a great time in Arizona! That is hilarious that Caleb likes hot things. Thanks for keeping us in the blog loop.
Rebekah
Great pictures! That really is funny that Caleb loves the hot stuff! So glad you had a good trip~ Nate always says that he wants to retire to Arizona one day because he loved it so much when he went years ago. Happy early birthday to you! You look gorgeous and have NOTHING to be ashamed of! It's not an "ugly" birthday at all!! :)
Tiffany,
It worked! :) Thanks so much. Good to see you had a great visit with your hubby. It was good seeing and your beautiful boys this morning. Have a great week.
Tiffany
YAY! I'm in! I really enjoy your blog and would hate to miss out on any pictures of your beautiful family.
Your boys are really growing~!
Blessings,
Nikki
Girlfriend, ain't nothin' ugly about 30 -- especially where you are concerned. Hope your celebration was fun and that this is the best year yet!
Post a Comment